Will there be another Phoenix Wright game for the DS?

lindbergh

From
Law Office
Playing
Nintendo DS
One of my favorite games on the DS is Phoenix Wright. It's a text-based game that has you playing the role of a lawyer. I have the the Phoenix Wright games for the DS but I'm still very well deep into the first game. I'm at the case where prosecutor Edgeworth is accused of murder.

With only 3 Phoenix Wright games released for the DS, do you think that the developer would make more games based on the Phoenix Wright world?

Well, considering that there are 2 new Phoenix Wright games that are being released soon here in America. One in about 2 weeks, and one in 2014, both for the 3DS, I think it's a safe bet that they've moved on solely to the 3DS, and are no longer making Phoenix Wright titles on the DS. Sorry.

Here are both games.....
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies

Release Date: October 24, 2013

Developer / Publisher: Capcom

Platforms: 3DS Exclusive
Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Release Date: 2014 (North American and European release is 2014, as it already came out in 2012 in Japan)

Developer / Publisher: Level-5, Capcom

Platforms: 3DS Exclusive

Hah, a crossover Phoenix Right. Glad it's being developed by Level 5.

Aww man, I gotta buy myself a 3DS then. But I still have a lot of games left to play on my DS. I'll probably get one next year... Anyway, Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney got my attention. I wonder how that game would play out? Sounds intriguing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KyYxifRhfjQ
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies (Gameplay Trailer)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xa9f4YwmVwA
Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Video Trailer)

----
Also, there may have only been 3 "Phoenix Wright" Ace Attorney games on the DS...

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations

.. however, there were 2 more "Ace Attorney" games on the DS as well..

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth

Both of these games are in the same "universe" as Phoenix Wright. In fact, Phoenix Wright is even on the cover of Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney. So, if you want more DS versions, you can try these two other Ace Attorney games. You might like them just the same.

--
Also, as a side note, all DS games work on the 3DS. They just won't have access to the "3D" feature. But they play the exact same. So feel free to pick up a 3DS at any time, as you can continue to play your DS library on that.

Companies are no longer making games for the Nintendo DS. Everything's going 3DS. It has better wireless capabilities anyway so it'd be better to upgrade :)

We sat through the entire Prof. Layton VS Phoenix Wright wondering if it was a fanmade compilation... but nope. That's legit. It looks awesome lol thanks for being so comprehensive Lawnachaun

Yep, both of the new games are on 3DS. I own Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies and it's definitely a great game, especially if your already a Phoenix Wright fan. I'm still waiting for the crossover game though! I'm really hyped for it as I'm a huge fan of both series.

The Phoenix Wright games are excellent and made proper use of the DS hardware. It's a shame that they only developed 3 titles before moving onto the 3DS. However, you should track down Ghost Trick which is another excellent mystery adventure game by the same team that developed Phoenix Wright. It's also available on the DS and surprisingly on the iOS platform.

The viewport and side-scroller perspective gives it a unique look but it's still an adventure game at it's core. Much of the quirkiness of the Phoenix Wright series is available here as well. :)

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back