Will there be more DS consoles?

YoshiBoy

Playing
Game Boy Advance
There are so many versions out right now, how many more can they create and still have uniqueness? I remember asking myself this when they came out with the second one. The first one was big, fat, and not light, then the skim one came out.

I was like I wonder if they will have more, and it's a lot more now.

I'd imagine that Nintendo would be putting all their efforts from now on into the NX but if people want a new version of the DS I can see it keeping on going for a few more years yet. After all I think that the various versions of the DS have been the life blood for Nintendo and so I'd be very surprised if they just forgot all about them all of a sudden.

I guess you could say that there can't be that many people left in the world that doesn't have at least one variant of the DS, but that just roves how much the device is still well loved so you could say that if Nintendo all of a sudden ditched it, they would have a riot on their hands.

Well Nintendo brought out the NES Classic, so maybe a DS Classic is a possibility. But it has been replaced by the 3DS - which can play all DS games - so otherwise it's not likely.

Well I am the type of person who really does not get excited for the more gadget like releases or the personalization features that you can purchase. That said, I could go on with my day and not hear about new consoles and I would just fine, and I am sure everyone else would be too. At a certain point I think some of the users above are correct, where you get to the point to where you wonder if there can be any more uniqueness to them. Interesting stuff, though, and thanks for sharing.

Well Nintendo brought out the NES Classic, so maybe a DS Classic is a possibility. But it has been replaced by the 3DS - which can play all DS games - so otherwise it's not likely.

I have to admit, even though a few people have accused Nintendo on just cashing in on their older consoles, I do like the idea of the NES Classic, and especially if they carry on and bring 'Classic' versions of the other consoles as well. Having said that, I think you might be right, and with the 3DS being as popular as it is, I'm not seeing DS Classic anywhere on the horizon either.

A GBA classic would be awesome. Especially if it was light and durable enough to go on a keychain. I almost put a Gameboy Micro on my car keys, but I was too worried about scratching the screen. A miniaturized GBA SP, however, would be awesomeballs.

^ how would you see anything to play?

Or do you foresee a Booster boy for it?
Q7G5CBP.jpg

The Gameboy Micro had a tiny screen and was perfectly playable. Just put it on the inside.

You could possibly fit it all in a 60x60mm square. Maybe use an AA battery that can be easily swapped out to help lower cost, then you can hopefully get a $50 console that plays the best Gameboy, Gameboy Color, and Gameboy advanced games.

The Nintendo NX is supposed to be a hybrid between a non-portable with a portable console. I think they killed two birds with one stone with this new concept. Could this be the substitute not only for the Wii but also for the Nintendo DS?

Latest threads

Back