Yoshi's Woolly World

pandabear1991

From
North MS, U.S
Playing
Super NES
TM_WiiU_YoshisWoolyWorld.png

When I first saw this image, I thought it was a joke. Really, it's cute and I wish I had a "Wooly Yoshi" in every color!

Apparently this game is just an English version of the European one that releases in June. Thankfully, we in the U.S will be seeing this game in the Fall of 2015! This game is also noted to have some similarities to "Yoshi's Island," and we will also be seeing Yoshi flying with wings again.

tumblr_naikvxfpNX1toyesvo1_400.png

There is also a stage in Super Smash Bros. for Wii-U based on "Yoshi's Woolly World."

Will you be making it a point to play this new Yoshi based game for Wii-U?

I enjoyed Kirby's Epic Yarn and Yoshi's Island was awesome so I definitely plan to check this one out. As of right now Woolly World isn't a title that I feel I have to rush out and buy on the release date but I am interested in it. I admit, when I first heard about this I thought the person talking to me about the game was pulling my leg but the more I see there more it looks like this game will be pretty fun.

This game looks absolutely amazing. I love it when they choose unique visual styles for games. Nintendo is so good at it!

I have very fond memories of Yoshi's Story on N64 and the co-op capabilities are making this game a very high priority for me!
Would love to play this with my wife and I'm sure she'll love it too! :D

I am hoping to play it. I might not but it yet though... I have so many games to play and catch up on. WWHD, Smash, Splatoon, MK8.

Wow, this looks really cool! The visual style is really neat, it kind of reminds me of Little Big Planet. I feel like this is Nintendo's strength: take something they've done, but put a cool spin on it (like Paper Mario, for example). I'm going to put it on my wishlist for sure :)

this is a very fun game. the whole family is really into it and i love getting all the yarns in each level to see what Yoshi's i will put together. The fun also lies in how each character is made up in yarn. I geeked out when i saw the koopa troopas. What a welcome surprise present for Christmas

I am on the final castle! While this game isn't always as challenging as most Mario titles, it has its moments of trickiness. My girlfriend especially enjoyed it! We would pass the controller to get through the game. She isn't a gamer by nature and this title definitely made her one.

This game was the bomb. It helps people get into gaming and the artwork is so wonderful. I especially liked the exclusive Amiibos that were made of yarn.

@Shiftrex yes, yes yes and yes! Awesome game, i really geeked out the first time i saw the yarn koopa troopas! And you gotta love a game that does something with all your amiibo! Im not finished yet, and really don't want it end

Don't worry ;D the game lasts a while. Especially if you go for 100% completion, which gets you some kind of extra level and other unlockables if i'm not mistaken? Some of the secret levels are severe hardcore mode lol.

@Shiftrex I didn't realize there were more levels. One hundred presenting the game is going to take a while. A few of the levels were tricky. This is definitely one of the more under appreciated games.

Yup! There are some nifty unlockables if you are collecting everything, as if the adorable new yarn yoshis weren't enough :D

Don't worry ;D the game lasts a while. Especially if you go for 100% completion, which gets you some kind of extra level and other unlockables if i'm not mistaken? Some of the secret levels are severe hardcore mode lol.

severe. They remind me of Rayman Origins, or that crazy DKC Returns level.

well don't call it a review but, i believe i've given it my all and just about collected everything. This game was a surprise gift, as in I would probably have not bought it for myself, but I'm glad I got it for Christmas. Every level was charming, challenging, and just beautiful. The music was as good as expected. You could easily blow through the roughly 50 levels, but I suggest collecting all the goodies. There were plenty of items to find in each level, so exploring was encouraged and rewarded. Some new very creative mechanics were introduced, or new to me at least. In one level, you had to make platforms out of boos, which was tougher than it sounds. There were also a few on-rails levels that had you hanging on to a curtain making timed jumps. Another cool level was velcro conveyor belts.

Overall I wouldn't say its a perfect game, but I had no complaints. It's pure fun that i enjoyed with my child. On 3 separate occasions i said "this is the coolest thing i've ever seen in a platformer." It's very original and creative. If you enjoy whimsical platformers, I'd highly suggest this wonderful game.

I should get Yoshi's Woolly World, seeing how I am an obvious Yoshi fan... That is, if I had any extra money to spend and wasn't saving for a car and the NX... Maybe I will ask for it for Christmas.

Every level was charming, challenging, and just beautiful. The music was as good as expected. You could easily blow through the roughly 50 levels, but I suggest collecting all the goodies. There were plenty of items to find in each level, so exploring was encouraged and rewarded. Some new very creative mechanics were introduced, or new to me at least. In one level, you had to make platforms out of boos, which was tougher than it sounds. There were also a few on-rails levels that had you hanging on to a curtain making timed jumps. Another cool level was velcro conveyor belts. .

Yeah, I agree, I haven't played this yet, but I was able to watch an entire LP of this game. And my impressions are pretty much the same. The graphics are unexpectedly good. The levels are indeed easy if you don't go for 100% completion, else it becomes different entirely (will take 30 hours at least if you do). I believe this is best played co-op (seeing how well the LP played out with 2 players).

@spence88 exactly. the appeal was i could play with my daughter, thinking id be helping her along and in most cases, she rescued me so we could grab the hidden goodies. Thus the awesome appeal of family fun. I loved it. Did you happen to see the boss runs? Ridiculous

That's pure fun playing with loved ones. Yeah, I did see the runs, it's like Mario Kart on 200cc lol. Still, IIRC, they almost managed to finish each of them first try. Good thing the LPers I watch often try to get 100% and include other game modes or side quests in their LPs.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back