Your ideal Pokemon team?

SLTE

Playing
Nintendo DS
With news of new Pokemon games coming out, the inevitable question arises: what's your ideal pokemon team? Unevolved, legendaries, all the same kind, I don't care what you choose. Let's just see what everyone likes most.

Mine would be:
  • Ludicolo. Ever one of my favourite pokemon. Because it's ludicrous.
  • Arcanine. Always had a soft spot for this one. Probably a dog thing.
  • Goodra. Not even sure why I like this one as much as I do. It's so... drippy. But, hey, dragon-type.
  • Furfrou. Love the innate ability, and like the sleek look. Also, again, dogs.
  • Gengar. Just... just look at it. Awesome.
  • Galvantula. Electric bug? Sold.
I can't fly anywhere, but that's what HM slaves are for, right?

Mine is:

Bisharp: Badass knight and my signature pokemon
Hydreigon: Awesome hydra dragon (F##K FAIRY TYPES! why gamefreak, why!?!?!?!?!)
Talonflame: A fiery bird with extremely an useful ability
Shaymin: Well, she looks like sanic, that is why I guess (MLG green hill zone music plays) STOP IT! NO! I HATE MEMES!
Mega Lucario: It's appearance and ability, nuff said
Victini: V-create, 180 motherf##king base power. What kind of a psycho came up with this? And even how could it ever fill up such a head space?

Shuckle: I have took out team after team in ORAS with him. Cant use him in tournaments though.
Ability: contrary
Item: leftovers
Nature: Lax
Moves: 1. Infestation, 2. Toxic, 3. Shell smash, 4. Rest

Whizmur: Just an awesome little guy, who i think is under apreciated.
Ability: rattled
Item: Silk scarf
Nature: Bold
Moves: 1. Rest, 2. Sleep talk, 3. Substitute, 4. Retaliate

Caterpie: I dont know why but in my first pokemon game i trained one of these to lvl 100 so i use him to show my dedication!
Ability: Sheild dust
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Moves: 1. String shot, 2, tackle, 3. Bug bite, 4. Electroweb

Nidoqueen: I use her as an hm slave/ wall.
Ability: Poison point
Item: Rocky helmet
Nature: Lax
Moves: 1. Rock smash, 2. Strength, 3. Surf, 4. Cut

Hitmonlee: I love to name these guys Bruce Lee :]
Ability: Limber
Item: Absorb bulb
Nature: Hasty
Moves: 1. High jump kick, 2. Foresight, 3. Double team, 4. Poison Jab

Lapras: Ever since I first saw the pokemon movie Ive been in love with this pokemon.
Ability: Hydration
Item: Damp rock
Nature: Rash
Moves: 1. Rain dance, 2. Hydro pump, 3. Protect, 4. Zen headbutt

For my normal team(ORAS) I have:

- Feraligatr: I call him Snapper II, after my first Mon EVER in Gold (since Gen II can't go to Gen III, well... I have to have a junior)
- Charizard: NN is SolarFlame or Eltanin (X/Y), and it's just my favorite fire-type, and my back-up dragon with Charizardite X
- Serperior: NN is Fortuna, after that jungle planet in Star Fox, I use her as a speedy-grass type, cuz she is just faaaast
- Lucario: NN is Luka, I use her to take out fairies with flash cannon and to just wreck type weaknesses to fighting types
- Umbreon: NN is Eclipse, I use him as a defense dude that can take multiple hits if they're not OP'd as well as a Psychic-types tank, or to just wreck mega kangaskhan with swords dance with foul play >:]
- Dragonite/Druddigon/Legendary: I keep an empty spot just in case,but most of the time I use Dragonite or Druddigon for that always-needed Dragon-type

Uber Team:

- Primal Groudon: NN Terran, physical attacker and a Kyogre-checker when switched in last (my favorite legend)
- Yveltal: NN Raze (works on two levels), as a special attacker, both with Oblivion Wing and Phantom Force, and another Foul Play tanker (2nd fav)
- Reshiram/White Kyurem: NN Altair/Cryogon, used as my resistance to Fairies but being able to still use full power Dragon-moves on the field, or as a Dragon checker with Ice typing
- Mew: Transform (need I say more?)
- Xerneas/Primal Kyogre/Diancie:
*Xerneas as Dragon check with W.Kyurem, also knows Outrage/Close Combat/Megahorn with high Attack
*Primal Kyogre for when I need a water type
*Diancie (shiny)- Dark/Flying checker with Substitute and Diancite

Last edited:
My IDEAL team?

Grass trainer all the way.

Mega-Venusaur
Ferrothorn
Breloom
Shiftry
Cradily (die fire types)
Serperion (Contrary ability)

If I had to use a mixed team just based on how I would be as a trainer irl it would be...

Machamp
Alakazam
Tyrannitar
Ferrothorn
Gengar
Azumarill

I used to have a gengar named happy. I still have one named gaspar. You got him from a trade with an npc who traded you a haunter with an everstone (gosh dang troll). I traded mine to my brother and he traded back. SUCK IT NPC!

I used to have a gengar named happy. I still have one named gaspar. You got him from a trade with an npc who traded you a haunter with an everstone (gosh dang troll). I traded mine to my brother and he traded back. SUCK IT NPC!
I remember Gaspar. I hated that NPC so much for his trolling nonsense. Don't think I've ever used an Everstone, even when I was holding a pokemon back from evolving. The stupid B button works just fine, thanks.

Only time ive used one is in my leaf green when i was training my caterpie to lvl 100 at 7 island. My caterpie will destroy you!

I always like to have a great variety of Pokemon types in all of my games. I would probably choose Marshtomp, Charizard, Jolteon, Lucario, Venusaur, and Gardevoir as my ideal team for non-competitive play. I dont know if I will ever play competitively due to the extreme hassle of breeding perfect IVs and all of the rules. If there were no rules for competitive play, then i would probably pick a standard baton pass team and spam double team, but that really wouldn't be any fun.

There is always Smogon if you want something easy for competition that doesn't require breeding. It's a sandbox editor for pokemon battling but the rules are wonky sometimes.

My ideal team:

Rayquaza @ Choice Band
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- V-create
- Waterfall

Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

Xerneas @ Leftovers
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Aromatherapy

Giratina functions as spin blocker and phazer and does a really good job at it, Mega Rayquaza is so powerful it's a must to have on every team, Kyogre and Groudon for weather control, Arceus is the god of Pokemon, Xerneas functions as healer. Nothing beats a team of legendary Uber Pokemon, everything that stands in their way will get absolutely demolished by their power. But of course, that's the reason why the official rules ban most of them, they're just too overpowered. Shiftrex's suggestion is good, Smogon has the absolute authority when it comes to competitive Pokemon.

Latest threads

Back