Your Very First Goomba

jose26425

Playing
NES
I will always distinctly remember my very first frustration with video games, and it came with the original Super Mario Bros. I remember crying in front of the tv when I was 5 years old because I simply could not find the coordination to jump over the very first goomba in the game. So I'm curious...

Of all the Mario games you have played, which level or task did you find the most frustrating? How long did it take you to beat it? Share your frustrations here!

Super Mario Bros 1, Level 7-4.
We didn't have internet back in '94, so we couldn't find a walkthrough. We had to find the way ourselves.

It was so frustrating until I figured it out.

Also: Ice levels in SMB3

Lucky for me I had my dada help me to beat my first goomba. I must admit at that age I was pretty good at playing video game but I really hated how sometimes I would think that I had my jump coordinated correctly and I would still end up dying from the goomba. Those were the good days. Now the games are all about guns and killing people.

The underwater levels of Super Mario Bros. (the very first game) were very frustrating to me as a kid, because I basically couldn't comprehend that this level was not like the others: I would sink to the bottom of the map and attempt to jump my way through the level. I would just die over and over, and then just through my controller in frustration, and stop playing. Good times!

I CANT stand swimming in Mario 64. When you try to jump up on a platform, it's probably the worst thing ever.

I didn't have any trouble what-so-ever squashing my first ever goomba when I first played Super Mario Bros as a very young lad of six. However, I do recall that I had embarrassing difficulties surmounting my first bottomless pit! Jumping into, rather than onto, paratroopers was also a recurring problem at the time! In gaming as with real life, it takes a bit of practice to gain one's bearings and develop one's fine motor skills! ;)

Goombas were never my problem either. My problem was the turtle shells that I would let loose and then get run over by because they bounced off of something and hit me when I least expected it. Now in Super Mario Bros Wii there is a giant fish that swims around and jumps up and tries to eat you and I can never make it past that level without some sort of self sacrifice. Another thing that really gets me is the fireballs in level 8 in the Wii game. I'm not very well practiced in trying to avoid those.

Trying to hit the top of the flagpole at the end of every level. I always usually get so close, but can almost never master reaching the top. For years, ever since I was a kid I have had trouble with it.

I wouldn't feel too bad about not being able to reach the top of the flagpole. I usually don't reach the top either. I try really hard, I make sure I get a really good jump and I still don't make it. I just do my best and move on to the next one.

My first ever 'goomba' was actually in mario Sunshine.
I actually love goombas (the characters) because somehowe they make me smile, they are just nice to see.

But anyway it was on sirena beach in episode 5. It was actually king boo down if I remember the tittle correctly.
But damn I didnt know how to do it back then, now I am just easily winning from king boo.

My very first Goomba? Let's just say it's been a really long time.

My first ever 'goomba' was actually in mario Sunshine.
I actually love goombas (the characters) because somehowe they make me smile, they are just nice to see.

But anyway it was on sirena beach in episode 5. It was actually king boo down if I remember the tittle correctly.
But damn I didnt know how to do it back then, now I am just easily winning from king boo.

Mine was similar. The first mario game I ever played was actually super mario sunshine! My "goomba" was Sirena Beach episode 1. The one with the giant manta ray. I could not beat that for the life of me. Now when I go back and play it again it seems super easy, but it was still really hard then!

I'm waaaaay too old to remember my first goomba.

My first Goomba is my Italian friend that lived across the street from me. We played NES and old PC games with the 5.25 floppy disk..... Goomba means very close friend. (That is like Family) But my first encounter with one was in Super Mario Bros. for the NES. That was my first murder of a Goomba. lol

Mine was similar. The first mario game I ever played was actually super mario sunshine! My "goomba" was Sirena Beach episode 1. The one with the giant manta ray. I could not beat that for the life of me. Now when I go back and play it again it seems super easy, but it was still really hard then!

That episode is hard when you dont know how haha. It would probably be my first goomba if my brother didnt played mario sunshine in front of my eyes back then.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back