Zelda game completions?

minotechonline

From
USA
Playing
Nintendo 64
How many of you have completed every or almost every Zelda game in existence? I have completed some of them several times but never played a few of them. For example I haven't played Zelda oracle of ages but I have completed Zelda Ocarina of time over 5 times fully. So what games have you missed in the Zelda series?

Well, let's see here... I'll list every Zelda game, and mark them accordingly..

***** = Games I own
Green = Games I have beaten
Blue = Games I have played, but not beaten
Red = Games I have not played
(only original releases, not the digital re-releases on the virtual consoles)
------------------------------

*****The Legend of Zelda - (NES, 1987) - (I've beaten this probably 20 times)
*****Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link - (NES, 1988) - (I've beaten this probably 17 or 18 times)
Zelda - (Game & Watch, 1989)
The Legend of Zelda - (Nelsonic Game Watch, 1989)
*****The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - (SNES, 1992) - (I've beaten this countless times. Easily way more than every other Zelda game combined)
*****The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - (Gameboy, 1993) - (I've beaten this probably 12 or 13 times)
Link: The Faces of Evil - (CD-i, 1993)
Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon - (CD-i, 1993)
Zelda's Adventure - (CD-i, 1995)
*****The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - (Nintendo 64, 1998) - (I've beaten this about 18 or 19 times. My little cousins wanted me to beat it as they watched.)
*****The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX - (Gameboy Color, 1998) - (I've beaten this about 3 times)
*****The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - (Nintendo 64, 2000) - (I've beaten this about 9 or 10 times)
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages - (Gameboy Color, 2001)
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons - (Gameboy Color, 2001)
*****The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords - (Gameboy Advance, 2002) - (I've beaten this about 4 or 5 times)
*****The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest - (Gamecube, 2003) - (I've beaten this, as a whole, about 3 times)
*****The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition - (Gamecube, 2003) - (I've beaten this, as a whole, about 3 times)
*****The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - (Gamecube, 2003) - (I've beaten this about 4 times)
*****The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures - (Gamecube, 2004) - (I've beaten this about 3 or 4 times)
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - (Gameboy Advance, 2004)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - (Gamecube, 2006)
*****The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - (Wii, 2006) - (I've beaten this twice)
*****Link's Crossbow Training - (Wii, 2007) - (I've beaten this once)
*****The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - (Nintendo DS, 2007)
*****The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - (Nintendo DS, 2009)
*****The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - (Wii, 2011) - (I've beaten this twice)
*****The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - (3DS, 2011) - (I've beaten this once)
*****The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition - (DSiWare, 2011)
*****The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - (Wii U, 2013)

For the Watch, and Game & Watch games, I was living in Europe at the time, and everybody had them. Kids in my school took them to school all of the time. So I got to play them at school, but never had enough time to actually beat them. I never got them myself tho.

As for the CD-i games, my neighbor used to have them. Maybe he still does, I don't know. It was 1996 when I finally got to play those. So it's been a long time. I used to babysit his kids (3 kids, all under 6 years old, at the time. I was in high school), and he had both, the CD-i and the 3DO. Not many games for both, but he used to boast about how expensive they were, so how much greater they were. He never owned a regular NES or SNES. But anyways, I got to play all 3 Zelda CD-i games there, among some other terrible games.

By the time the two Oracle games came out for the Gameboy color, I had already stopped playing the Gameboy all together. I didn't touch any handhelds much from the late 90's to the release of the Gameboy Advance. Link's Awakening DX was a big deal to me, since I loved the original game. So I went out of my way to get and play that. But other than that, I didn't touch handhelds much then. Eventually, I got to play the Oracles games, but I didn't put much effort into them. I had way, way, way too many other games, as well as new Zelda games, to care about those. I'm sure they are great. But I haven't given them much of a chance, to be honest. But mostly because they came out at time when I wasn't playing the system that they were on.

As for the Minish Cap, that got lost in the shuffle. When I first heard about the game, I thought it was another Gameboy Color game, like the Oracle games. So I didn't pay any attention to it. It wasn't until a few years later that I realized that it was a Gameboy Advance game. I got to play a copy of it, while my friend used to work at Gamestop. He would let me bring in my Gameboy Advance, and then pick any game from behind the glass, and he'd let me play the game on my system, without paying for it, while I was still in the store. So I got to play a lot of Gameboy Advance games that I would otherwise never of played. That's what got me back into the handheld scene. I was 100% completely out of the handheld market. But then, my friend talked me into playing the Gamebody Advance. So I got it, started playing it, more and more, and boom, I was hooked on handhelds again.

I didn't bother getting, or playing, the Gamecube version of Twilight Princess, because I chose to get it on the Wii instead. They both released at the same time. If the Gamecube version had come out first, like it was originally planned to, then I would of gotten that, and then upgraded to the Wii version later. But since they held the Gamecube version back, so it could launch at the same time as the Wii version, I just stuck with the Wii version. Never bothered with the Gamecube version.

However, I wasn't big into the DS Zelda titles. I loved the DS, and have a lot of games for it. However, I started playing both Zelda titles, and I liked them, but just didn't get into them much. I think it was mostly the touchscreen only controls that took me out of the game. I played more of the Phantom Hourglass than I did the Spirit Tracks game. I almost didn't buy Spirit Tracks, but it was Zelda, so I felt compelled. But I've hardly touched it, to be honest.

As for The Four Swords Anniversary Edition, I've barely started it. Mainly because of my quest to beat every 3DS retail game I own. So I've been focusing heavily on the retail games and have hardly touched the digital games at all. I would of beaten it already, otherwise. But for now, I'm saving it for when I've beaten all of my retail games, and there's a dry spell. Tho, seeing the 3DS library and release schedule, it might be some time before I get to this game.

I am, however, currently in the middle of playing The Wind Waker HD, on the Wii U. I'm also currently in the process of trying to 100% complete the game. I have all 4 bottles, all of the Great Fairy upgrades, completed the Trading sidequest along with planting all of the plants/flags/statues on the island, as well as got my Cabana, and watered all of the scattered Forest Trees, bought everything at the Auction House, found every Submarine, and have half of the Nintendo Gallery done already. I'm in the second row of hearts, so I have a lot of heart pieces. Not all tho. Still working on those. I also have a ton of maps, but I'm still missing some here and there. Also, I'm not feeding the fish so he can draw on the map, until I have completed everything that I can do in that square grid. If there is even one thing left to do, I keep it "hidden" on the map, as a kind of way to remind me which area's still need to be completed. I haven't started the Labyrinth dungeon yet. Waiting until I get more heart pieces for that. Also, the only items that I'm missing are the hookshot, light arrows, mirror shield, hero's charm, power bracelet, iron boots, and the Triforce Shards. But I have everything else. Again, I plan on getting 100% everything in the game, and doing 100% everything there is to do in the game, before beating it. That's the goal, so that's the plan. All other games are on "pause", until I complete this 100%. As is tradition with me for most Zelda games. All other games stop for Zelda.

----------
My Top Ten Favorite Zelda games...

1). - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - (SNES)
2). - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - (Wii U, and original version)
3). - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - (3DS, and original version)
4). - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX - (Gameboy Color, and original version)
5). - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - (Wii)
6). - The Legend of Zelda - (NES)
7). - Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link - (NES)
8). - The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures - (Gamecube)
9). - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - (Wii) - (didn't care for the Wolf-Link parts, and, it felt like a "cookie-cutter", "paint-by-the-numbers", Zelda game. Otherwise, good game.)
10). - Link's Crossbow Training - (Wii) - (by default)

-----
Zelda games I need to play more before I form my opinion on...

Zelda - (Game & Watch)
The Legend of Zelda - (Nelsonic Game Watch)
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

-=----
Zelda games that I didn't care for...

Link: The Faces of Evil
Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon
Zelda's Adventure
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - (I could go on and on, but not right now, it'll be too long)

Wow, nice post. I would give oracle of seasons/ages another go when you run out of other Zelda games. Unfortunately I have not had a chance to try windwaker HD yet I've played the original gamecube game a few times through. I've played all of your other top 10 and enjoyed them besides Link's crossbow training. What I mean is I haven't played it not that I didn't enjoy it.

Let's see... I'm glad you mentioned some games that I didn't even count that are more obscure editions to the series. You are quite the Zelda fanatic it would seem and that's an awesome feat. Oh and by the way minish cap was worth playing, it was at least average if not better and there are opportunities for a lot of collecting if you like that.

Anyway thanks for the long informative post. It inspires me to complete more Zelda games!

Yeah, I plan on going back and playing all of the Zelda listed in the "need to play more" list I posted at the end of that post. Won't have time to get to them anytime soon. But, I do plan on getting to them one day.

As for Link's Crossbow Training... it's exactly what it sounds like. A "Crossbow Training" game, staring Link. It came free with the Wii Zapper. I didn't want the Zapper, and have never used it. But, the Zelda fan in me wanted the Link game. So I bought it, brand new, the day it released, just for the Link game. It was only $19.99 brand new. Technically, you paid for the "Zapper" (even tho it was just a piece of plastic that you put your Wiimote and Nunchuck in, to make it semi-look like a sorta-gun-like shape. -- technically, it was supposed to be a "crossbow" shape. At least, the way you were supposed to hold it, that is.), and you got the game for free. However, it was more like you paid for the game and got the controller for free.

Link's Crossbow was a "3rd Person Shooter / 1st Person Shooter" game, of sorts. There were 9 levels, with 3 stages in each level. So, a total of 27 stages in the game. All stages are based on places from the Twilight Princess game, which had just released right before it. So this game looks just like Twilight Princess.

The 3 stages for each level are... Target Shooter, Defender, and Ranger.

Target Shooter - This is where you shoot circle Bullseye Targets. Sometimes in 1st Person, sometimes in 3rd Person. Depending on the level. The earlier "easier" levels, have the bullseye's as stationary targets. But in later 'harder' levels, they move around on their own. Sometimes with "false" bullseye's, which will penalize you if you shoot them. Also, hitting the center of the bullseye gives you more points than the edges will give. Also, the more consecutive targets you hit, the higher the multiplier you get for each hit. Also, sometimes you were stationary, and sometimes you were moving (for example, one level you were riding a horse). So, it was a combination of some levels you were stationary or moving, and the bullseyes were stationary or moving, with or without false targets.

Defender - This has waves of enemies coming at you from all sides. You can't move, however, you can spin around in a full 360 degrees. As all enemies will come at you from all around you. You can aim in any direction that you want. Up, down, left, right, behind you, where-ever. You just can't move from the spot you are standing on. Also, some levels there is a wagon that you are protecting, so you have to keep your eye on the wagon, and prevent enemies from attacking it. Each hit on the wagon, or you, will decrease your score.

Ranger - This mode has you controlling Link in 3rd Person mode, but this time, you can run around on your own free will. However, there are still enemies all around you.

Some levels have bosses, which have weak points. So hitting the weak point causes more damage.

All levels have a time limit, and different point ranges for your medals. Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum.

Also, this game is multiplayer. Up to 4 players. But really, it just alternates player turns, since there is only one Link. So, player 1 plays the level. Then, when his turn is over, player 2 plays the exact same level. Then player 3... then player 4. The object of multiplayer is the same as the object of singleplayer. Points. Whoever has the highest score in multiplayer, wins. And singleplayer mode just has you trying to beat the high score. There is a "Practice" mode, where you can play any of the 27 levels, after you've unlocked them. However, you don't get recognized for your points, since it is just practice. So, say you break the high score, but you were playing in practice mode. Well, it doesn't count. The old high score still stands. You'd have to play the singleplayer "Score Attack" mode, in order to try and beat the high score again.

You use your Mii as a "Player" or "save file". And you can have up to 8 Players, or save files. Your Mii's face will be next to your scores. The controls are good, and there is even an option for you to change the sensitivity of the cursor.

Overall, it was a decent game. Short, but decent. You could probably work your way to a Platinum Medal on all 27 stages in under 2 hours. Seriously. Depending on how accurate you are, or how well your "hand-eye co-ordination is. So it's a short game. However, it has replay value, if you're big into beating your high score, or, having friends play together competitively. Still, once you've Platinum'ed everything, and you and your friend's play it long enough, you'll eventually slow down, and then stop playing it, after a while. Still, it looks good, and controls good. But it's more of a "mini-game" than it is a real game. Get it cheap. $5 to $10, at most. Maybe $15, if you can. Tho that's probably pushing it, for what you get. Anything more than that, these days, would be too much. To be honest. Still, if you go for it, good luck. I breezed through it pretty quick myself.

----

--
That said, I'm still working my way through the Wind Waker HD, on the Wii U. I have made progress since I last posted. Since I last posted, I have gotten almost everything off of every island. I have beaten all of the dungeon's, except the final one. I'm at the point where I have to get all of the Triforce Shards. I have 3 of them already. Also, I have gone to every single island, and gotten almost everything from all of them, except for the Sunken Treasures. I have purposely been waiting on the Sunken Treasures until this point that I'm at now. This way, I can just go and "fish" for everything that needs to be 'fished' for, all at once. Which means, since I last posted, I have gotten the hookshot, mirror shield, power bracelet, iron boots, fully upgraded the Master Sword, and fed almost every fish to reveal the maps. The only island grids that I have not fed the fish are for Onset Island, since I haven't done the Labyrinth yet (tho that's next). Also, Link's Oasis, since I haven't finished all of the puzzles in the house. I've done most of them. Only a couple left to do, but I felt like "adventuring", and figured I could come back to the puzzles later. And, of course, Forest Haven, since I'm not done with the Nintendo Gallery yet. I've gotten more and more figurines since last time. But I'm still not done.

So, that's it. All I have left to do now is..

"Fish" for the Sunken Treasures (I haven't even opened any of the maps I have collected yet, tho I have all that I can get)
Complete the Savage Labyrinth (which I'm about to start soon)
Finish the remaining puzzles in Link's Oasis - (I'm more than half way done, so this should be quick)
Finish collecting the Nintendo Gallery Figurines (which I need to count how many I have left. Getting close now.)
and... that's pretty much it. I have everything else there is to get and done everything else there is to do.

After that, all there is left is to combine the Triforce Shards, get the Light Arrows, and beat the game.

So, I'm close to beating the game. Just some "time consuming" stuff first. However, I plan on officially 100%ing this game. So I will "Fish" for everything, complete the Labyrinth, and get all of the figurines, and then double check to make sure that there is absolutely nothing else left to do. If there is, I do that first. Then, once I'm sure I have everything, then I'll continue onwards to beat it. Soon tho.. soon.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back