Animal Crossing: New Horizons

dustinb12

Staff member
From
Lafayette, LA
Playing
Switch
So my daughter really really wanted this, and of course i did too so we got it for her. Hey, she's going through the quarantine too. So i wanted to make a thread where we could share ideas, tips, etc. because after watching her play for a few hours, well there's lots of new stuff. Im not set up yet, but she is and it's awesome. Anybody else escaped to this island yet?

Alright, so today starts the Bunny Day event, lasts until April 12th. Have fun!

So after resident services gets upgraded to a real building, the island music (the laid back guitar music) changes. Is there any way to get that music back?

Hello,

does anyone know if I can change hemisphere ? I chose wrongly at the beginning. HELP

oh no, today i get my new resident services, don't tell me!

Animal Crossing is such a great series. A lot of people don't realize it's real-time and is meant to be played all year. New Horizons adds some interesting features like DIY recipes (first introduced in Pocket Camp). Now players can craft and customize furniture in their houses and islands. It also is the first game that allows players to have control over the shape and terrain features of their island.

The randomized islands from New Leaf are back with Nook Miles Islands, which can contain rare resources. Players can also make mega bells by playing the stalk market and buying turnips for a low price and selling them high. Here are a few guides for getting started with Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

If you guys have any more questions, feel free to ask them. I've been a fan of the series since it released on GameCube.

Alright, so today starts the Bunny Day event, lasts until April 12th. Have fun!
Bunny Day was absolutely horrendous and time-wasting. It was infuriating doing stuff and getting eggs that could only be used to craft egg furniture. Hope you like eggs?

I wanted to buy it but what the heck have they got toilets' in it for , ill buy harvestmoon instead.😭

I wanted to buy it but what the heck have they got toilets' in it for , ill buy harvestmoon instead.😭

So I haven't gone back to verify this but I think that the toilets get rid of the fruit you eat (so gets rid of your fruit super strength which makes you break all your rocks unintentionally). Which is disgusting and lovely at the same time if they're functional. But also I wanna go back and marry some bbs in Harvest Moon :D

yes, it's true. The toilet thing. A lady i follow on Twitter posted a short video of her visiting a fellow villager, who went ahead and hopped on the toilet mid visit. She even pulled out a magazine, i kid you not!

yes, it's true. The toilet thing. A lady i follow on Twitter posted a short video of her visiting a fellow villager, who went ahead and hopped on the toilet mid visit. She even pulled out a magazine, i kid you not!
That's hilarious. I love how they flush when you accidentally sit down on them. I didn't know it got rid of the fruit you had eaten.

Poop-animal-crossing-via-Twitter.jpg

ok, so a question to the AC veterans here: what is up with the dreams? Whats different from island hopping? I mean it's really cool but im not sure i get it just yet.

haven't done dreams yet but if it's like new leaf you can visit someone's island while they are away and changes you make won't affect their real island. You can see how people design their island but you can't collect stuff or make changes.

ah ok, i can see the appeal. My wife opened the gates last week for turnip sales. We hit 465 bells so she wanted to be generous. And of course some clown ran around and stole from our island.

I bought this for my missus last year, she wanted the game and at the time was on maternity, she goes back to work on Monday and has played this pretty much everyday since I bought it. I've tried it myself, but couldn't get into it.

Ok so Brewster is finally making his comeback! Should be interesting.

Back