Best Games for GBA

Dreek Lass

I installed a GameBoy Advance emulator on my smartphone two weeks ago, and the only games that seem interesting are the Pokemon games, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald Green. I've searched for the best games on the GBA platform, but haven't come up with much. I'm looking for any genre. So, what in your opinion, are the best games that were released on the GBA platform?

I recommend the Metroid series, such as Metroid Fusion, and Metroid Zero Mission. The Metroid series was one of my favorites at the time when I was playing my Game Boy Advance. Another great find I'd recommend is Shaman King, Kirby, and Megaman. I don't know if you can still find free copies of them online, but good luck!

Definitely Pokemon sapphire, ruby, emerald and super Mario bros. those in my opinion are the best games for game boy advance. I also got the Gameboy emulator and its cool, playing Pokemon and super Mario on my psp.

As they said above, Pokémon Saphire, Ruby and Emerald are amazing. Also Mario Kart is a great game to play on-the-go, and since you're going to use it on a hand-held device... And also, there's a game that I think is called 'Classic NES series' for the GBA that included all the awesome games for the NES, like Bomberman, Ice Climbers, Zelda, Kid Icarus... even Dr. Mario!!!

Golden Sun was by far one of my favorite GBA games of all time, if not one of my favorite games altogether. I loved the story, and the gameplay was like nothing I'd ever played before. Unfortunately, I had to sell my copies when I sold my slim DS (financial problems), but I still have a lot of fond memories of the series. I haven't played the new one for the DS, but I've heard it isn't quite the same. DS games in general were never the same for me once they started making them 3D; I thought it defeated the purpose of a handheld console.

Like the above mentioned, the Metroid series, I really like Fusion. Other favorites include Castlevania: Circle of the Moon, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. There are others that I've forgotten, I'll post em when they come to mind.

Mario and Luigis Superstar Saga. Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Firered, Leafgreen.

Golden sun is definitly a very good RPG.

Simpsons Road Rage is quite fun and like everyone else has said, Pokemon of course. Just don't go for any of the dodgy spin offs like pokemon pinball or anything like that, they are all whack!

Another vote for both Metroids, all 2D Castlevanias, plus I would add the Megaman Zero series.

I still have to get my hands on one of those Metroids. I'm gonna make it a priority now that everyone is rating it!

The Castlevania series is just awesome full stop I reckon. My favourite though, is 'Symphony of Night'.

I'm still a fan of the original Castlevania, I have been playing that on the VC lately and it is BRUTAL! I have played Fusion, and I can say it is an amazing game.

If I remember correctly, there were 2 Metroid games on the advanced?. Fusion was an amazing game, that I played often with my brother. I never owned a game boy advanced, but I played the Metroid games using the gamecube.

Correct, it was originally called Metroid 4 and then renamed to Fusion. Zero Mission was a very enjoyable remake of Metroid 1, although it did not come close to the original in epicness.

Metroid was epic, especially for the day. I'll never forget the first time I fought the bosses, or discovered the many secret areas with bombs. Metroid Fusion is not a game I remember very well, though I do remember it was a great game. My memory of Zero Mission is all but gone. Maybe it's time to see if I can locate my Gamecube and play them again.

I really liked the Legacy of Goku games and their sort-of sequels. It went from Legacy of Goku, then Legacy of Goku II, then Buu's Revenge or something like that. Fun, engaging action RPGs. Probably better for fans of Dragonball Z, but I thought the gameplay was excellent for a GBA game.

You should definitely get the Pokemon games for your emulator. Playing at least one Pokemon game should be on every childhood bucket-list. You should also try Legend of Zelda. It was my second game in line behind the Pokemon series.

Advance Wars
Advance Wars: Black Hole Rising
Castlevania: Aria of Sorow
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
Contra Advance: The Alien Wars EX
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Golden Sun
Golden Sun: The Lost Age
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Lego Star Wars: The Video Game
Lego Star Wars: The Original Trilogy
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Mario Kart Super Circuit
Mario vs Donkey Kong
Mega Man Anniversary Collection
Metal Slug Advance
Metroid Fusion
Metroid: Zerio Mission
Robotech: The Macross Saga
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Super Puzzle Fighter 2
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo Revival
etc..

to name a "few".

Dragon Ball Z Supersonic Warrior and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance :wub:

DBZ was an awesome game to play anyplace, anytime.
FFTA was a game that stole many hours of my life. No regrets. :D

I grew up on the Gameboy Advance always playing Pokemon. Those will always be the best GBA games for me, Emerald specifically.

In no particular order my top three would have to be the following:

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Pokemon Emerald

I don't know if it's nostalgia as much as it is I really like those games. Whenever I'm given a "you can only pick X amount of games" question I tend to go with RPGs since they tend to have the most hours of gameplay. Golden Sun just barely misses the top 3 for me (I know, I'm all about RPGs) and Phoenix Wright would be on the list if the US would've got a GBA release.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back