Best Weapon in Zelda

jose26425

Playing
NES
Of all the Zelda games, which of Link's weapons were your favorite? I personally enjoy the Big Goran Sword and the Megaton hammer from Ocarina of Time. While they were slow and disabled you from holding a shield, they packed a punch and it was always fun to wallop enemies with them.

What was your favorite weapon?

The raft from the original Zelda game. B)

I've always liked the boomerang for some reason. I think the Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game, and the boomerang in the game was utilized especially well. The part in the forest with the giant plant thing was really cool since you had to use to the boomerang to cut its tentacles from the ceiling, and then whack it with your sword once it fell down. Besides that, I was quite fond of the hookshot in general.

Good times.

I'm not exactly sure why, but the Hook Shot is my favorite weapon. Honestly I don't think it was because it was a weapon, but because it let me access parts of the world that I could see, but couldn't ever reach. I'm big on exploring everything I can possibly explore and the hook shot allowed me access.

My second favorite weapon would probably be the boomerang for no reason other than nostalgia. It takes me back to the NES days where the boomerang was introduced. A Link to the Past took it a step further by allowing it to be upgraded to go farther.

Man, all of this Zelda talk is making me want to play the game pretty badly. It's been a few years since I've played any of the games, so it seems like it's about time to knock the dust off :D

My favorite weapon or item from each Zelda game is...

NES - The Legend of Zelda = Magical Boomerang
NES - Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link = Hmm.. the upward and downward thrust attacks
SNES - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past = Tempered Sword (tho there were lots of cool weapons in this game)
GB - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening = Roc's Feather
N64 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time = Fairy Bow
N64 - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask = Great Fairy Sword
GBC - The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages = Switch Hook
GBC - The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons = Magnetic Gloves
GBA - The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords = Roc's Cape or Gnat Hat
GC - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker = Grappling Hook
GC - The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures = Roc's Feather
GBA - The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap = Mole Mitts
GC - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess = Ball and Chain or Double Clawshots
DS - The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass = Grappling Hook or Boomerang
DS - The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks = Whip
Wii - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword = Whip or Sail Cloth
Wii U - The Legend of Zelda: ??? = ???

I agree with you on many of these Lawnachaun...but...probably my favorite weapon is probably one of the most consistent throughout the series: the bow and arrow. I especially love how they made it in Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess (Wii).

Yeah, I imagine that the Bow and Arrow and the Boomerang would be most people's overall favorite. As those are basically "Legacy" weapons, considering that they've pretty much been in virtually every Zelda game. Even tho Zelda 2 didn't have either of those items. Still..

I find it hard to choose between the bow and arrow and the hookshot. I love the thought of being able to shoot things from very far away and that satisfaction when you know you've hit your target. I love the hookshot because I love being able to get everywhere and get to places that I had not been to before. The Grappling Hook from Wind Waker is another close favourite of mine. I love stunning the enemies and I love the boss where you get it, that great feeling of hooking the eye and dragging him down to you.

The Roc's feather is probably my all time favorite Zelda weapon and debuted in one of my all time favorite Zelda games..and the most underrated. Can I pick the bombos from Link to the Past?

My favorite weapon was the sword and my favorite tool was the hook shot. Man the hook shot was really cool although I don't think that it was necessarily a weapon. I just felt like I was batman or something while I was using the hook shot. I also liked how you could charge up when you were using the sword that was really cool also.

For me, it has got to consistently be the bow and a big ol' quiver of arrows. And second favorite was the boomerang. It's hard for me to pick a favorite Zelda game because I love variations of the theme in each of them. I loved it when the character could turn into a wolf at will in Twilight Princess, and the sailing the seas in Windwaker and all the cool extras and weapons and variations in each of the Zeldas and always the side quests. :)

My favorite is the Ocarina of Time itself. Its incredibly O.P. and it couldnt be better.

My favourite weapon from The Legend of Zelda series is... *drum-roll* a well tossed bomb! KA-BOOM!!! ;)

05-al-bombthrow.jpg

oh come on, who wouldn't love a hookshot, or TWO for that matter. I could crush flower pots from 50 feet, and then grab some rupees or a heart without getting up! i don't have chandeliers, but i guess i could zip line ceiling fan to ceiling fan!

The boomerang and the bow are my favorite weapons. I have always had a liking for the bow and I really enjoy using it in the games. The boomerang was just really cool for me. I have no clue why I enjoyed the boomerang as much as I did but it is almost tied with the bow.

The boomerang and the bow are my favorite weapons. I have always had a liking for the bow and I really enjoy using it in the games. The boomerang was just really cool for me. I have no clue why I enjoyed the boomerang as much as I did but it is almost tied with the bow.

Definitely the hookshot/grappleshot, though as some others have mentioned, it's not a very good weapon per se. Still, it's just so fun to fly through the air with that thing. That said, I remember playing Twilight Princess and figuring out I could steal away a lot of goodies from enemies before defeating them, or knocking away their defences.

My favorite is the Ocarina of Time itself. Its incredibly O.P. and it couldnt be better.

That is very different I have never heard someone that liked the Ocarina of time. Overall I like most of the weapons in the game but to be the hook shot is really fun.

I always liked using the boomerang to gather items from the water during Windwaker. I could sail around forever and just collect stuff.

Why not the sword? You use it in every Zelda game, and it's necessary in 99 percent of them. Each sword in the Zelda games feel different, and you usually go through 2-3 upgrades at least. To be specific, I loved the biggoron sword in Ocarina of time, it made me feel like such a badass with a giant sword made by a massive goron, not to mention it was crazy powerful.

Latest threads

Back