Breath of The Wild - General Questions Thread

Discussion in 'Hyrule Field' started by MilkBone, Dec 6, 2017.

1. MilkBone

MilkBone Member

Playing:
    Nintendo Switch
    I don't know how this site feels about a general questions thread for specific games, but I have some questions about BoTW and don't want to keep creating a new thread for each. Besides, it may help others playing through the game by scanning the thread too.

So the two questions that I have off the bat are:

1. When you finish the main story quest line and it tells you what you have accomplished, does it tell you what/where you have left to find the different things? For example, I think I read there are 120 shrines. After the game does it tell you not only how many shrines you have found (e.g. 70/120), but also what regions the remaining shrines are in? Same with the other collectibles like the Korok Seeds?

2. With your boosting of your hearts and stamina, does it cap you for each? Or will it allow you to be very unbalanced, like put all towards hearts or all towards stamina for example?

2. dustinb12

dustinb12 Well-Known Member

Lafayette, LA
    Playing:
    Wii U
    no worries, this is a perfect thread to have:

1. im not sure exactly, but have you met Kilton yet? He will tell you some percentages from what i understand.

2. I filled up my stamina meter first because i was a climber. 3 wheels is max. Then i did the rest hearts, which i DID do all the shrines before i stormed the castle. I don't remember exactly how many that gives, but as you know its more about how you cook than anything!

Did you buy the DLC? Do you have the Korok mask?

3. MilkBone

MilkBone Member

Playing:
    Nintendo Switch
    @dustinb12
    I haven't even heard of Kilton until now. After a quick Google search, I'm going to make finding him a priority!

I haven't purchased the expansion yet. I was going to wait until I finished the story, but after reading about the Korok mask I might just get it earlier.

Follow up question :)
    When I was looking at the expansion, I wasn't sure if the 2nd expansion coming shortly is included in the $20 price. Any ideas?

4. dustinb12

Lafayette, LA
    Playing:
    Wii U
    @MilkBone i don't remember the exact price, but yes, i was under the impression that it was all included in the $20.

Do you have a strategy guide? Now myself, i like to explore and see if i can figure things out on my own, but with the book i learned lots of stuff that i was missing. Just a suggestion.
    Also, yes i HIGHLY suggest the dlc for the Korok mask if you are a collector. I found myself running around in it always, unless i was about to fight.

I also liked having a book because i got very involved in finding armor and upgrading it. This and clearing shrines became my favorite things to do! Awesome game, aint it?

5. MilkBone

MilkBone Member

Playing:
    Nintendo Switch
    @dustinb12 No, I didn't get the strategy guide. I've purchased guides for tons of others games. I might have to look into that. I'm very interested in the expansion. I think you're right, it's all of it for $20. Plus you get to ride a motorcycle lol.

For anyone looking for a good guide for some of the locations, I've been following these and it's been quite helpful:
    Korok Seeds - http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/Korok_Seed_Locations
    Shrines - https://www.polygon.com/zelda-breat...through/2017/6/1/15723316/shrine-map-location

6. dustinb12

Lafayette, LA
    Playing:
    Wii U
    @MilkBone The last few nights i got home from work, my daughter has been playing the DLC and wow! If you are interested, i think you would like it. Now that both rounds are available, its very worth it. The first round was mostly armor, but now there is a LOT of stuff to do. Let's just say, if you want that motorcycle you will have to work for it! It is very difficult, but not as bad as the Master Sword trials.

We have work to do my friend!

MilkBone likes this.