Does your Game Boy still work?

I completely understand - I've given my older gear to kids I happened to be mentoring or to kids whose parents couldn't afford to get them things. It's a great thing to do... and I only have so much room in my house anyway.

That's why I gave it away. The kid is very nice, and that's sort of rare today. His parents can't afford to buy him a console or a good gaming computer, and I knew he'll love the Gameboy. I wish I had money to buy him a new console like the Wii U or 3DS.

Nintendo World had an original Game Boy on display a while back at that went through a bombing in Kuwait during the Gulf War. The top of it was melted, but the screen was working. It was playing Tetris in demo mode under the display glass and didn't look like it was breaking a sweat running all day long.

n511147914_26843_6010.jpg

Nintendium son, ain't no thang.

Mine are currently in storage thousands of miles away so I can't check right this moment, but as of a few years ago all of them still worked. I have the original grey brick, a black Gameboy Pocket, purple Gameboy Color, gold Gameboy Advance, silver Gameboy Advance SP, silver fat DS, pink DS lite, and now an Animal Crossing 3DS XL! :) They have all been played and loved dearly.

My game boy color (translucent purple) still works quite well! Sometimes you really have to PUSH a button to get it to register, but overall it works fine. I'm really glad it still works, I still enjoy playing the few games that I still have for it, especially my Pokemon games. :)

I have a gameboy advance, and it works perfectly. I have a bunch of games that work in it too. I actually love the old GB's, when I found it I couldn't resist having a go on it.

My old gameboy still works perfectly! But then again I clean it every day, it actually has a check up every month, and I rotate bateries regularly. I am extremely particular about how my games are taken care of. The gameboy is the only one I am this OCD over. Like with my 2ds i just clean the screen every week, replace bateries every 2 months. No big deal. Just need to take care of your games. Then you can be a freak like me XD

Yup all my Gameboys still work. my Black and White and my SP. The SP is like indestructible too. I really should learn to open them up and service them but the thought hadn't crossed my mind till now.

Definitely. Both my GameBoys are as good as new. Nintendo is like the Nokia of the videogames hahah

Yay! It makes me so sad that people are so easy to destroy such things... My brother used to break everything people gave him when he was little and now he doesn't really have many toys to remember his childhood. GameBoy and such are so valuable, at least in the sense that the new generations won't know some of the struggles we had to go through in order to play games (the lighted screen or the need to buy cartridges to get new games... now you can have fun with so many free apps). Okay, enough of the old lady talk, I'm getting off-topic.

Never had a chance to get a Game Boy Advance. First GBA I got is an SP. I dropped it as I was running down the stairs of my school and it took a long fall and crashed to the first floor. When I retrieved it, it's still in one piece and amazingly still turning on, but the screen was a mess, so it's unplayable and useless. I didn't throw it away though. I still have it on our basement. So I got a new one and I had become more careful with it. It's still working the last time I tried, although I lost the adapter so I can't play it. Probably would still work today.

awwww that sucks man. Probably the first time I've heard of someone else's actually breaking from a fall. Those things are really sturdy as long as they are closed.

Well it fell from the 3rd floor so... I'm actually surprised it's still in one piece when I retrieved it.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back