Flappy Bird

averus

From
Sarajevo, Bosnia Herzegovina
Playing
NES
We've all heard about it, some of us have played it, and now it's gone from the stores.

Flappy Bird - the most addicting game you've played since Candy Crush Saga!

FlappyBird.jpg

Share your thoughts, experiences, scores and favorite clones (there are millions)! :)

He's still making 50K a day, even after pulling the game. :eek:

I am more into Candy Crush, but I have to admit curiosity got the best of me and I ended up downloading this game before it was taken down. At first I found this game addicting and then it got on my nerves because every time I said I'll play just one more time it turned into countless times. My high score right now stands at 31 but my patience is at zero, haha!

The game can really get the worst of you hahaha :D
I imagine hundreds and hundreds of phones being slammed against walls and floors in rage...

Nguyen should make touch-screen manufacturers pay him fee lol

I'm glad it's gone. I was tired of hearing about it honestly. It's just as bad as that stupid angry birds crap. Ripoffs of much older flash games that's all these are.

Here to brag... My current score is 91 :D

Hey, you can call all games ripoffs... Look at any game, you'll surely find an older one that is similar.
Not all games are creative like Deathspank and Psychonauts ;)

Yeah, but alot of the mobile market is nothing but old reskinned flash games from the early 2000's and that's why I have a problem with it. They arn't even given the people who did invent those games any credit.

Nobody gives credit to the guy who invented Chess, but chess boards and figures are manufactured every day in the whole world :D
Just enjoy good games, don't think about their background :)

crunchyg said:
He's still making 50K a day, even after pulling the game. :eek:
How exactly does that work? I mean if he pulled it then shouldn't the money have stopped or ... Yeah how does this work? And why do people love this?

Esperahol said:
How exactly does that work? I mean if he pulled it then shouldn't the money have stopped
It's no longer in the App Store, but people who downloaded it get to keep the game. After the announcement, phones with Flappy Bird installed were going for over $1,000 on eBay.

crunchyg said:
It's no longer in the App Store, but people who downloaded it get to keep the game. After the announcement, phones with Flappy Bird installed were going for over $1,000 on eBay.
That's on the low end too. I've seen it in the several thousands. EVEN 90K. I don't know whether that one was real or not but holy crap. 90k for a crappy flash game clone?

If you read the interview with the developer, he is a super nice guy. Just a kid from Vietnam, very humble. I'm glad he got the money from this game.

Sounds like he is a nice guy it is a shame for those who didn't get a chance to download this game before it was taken down.

My latest score is up from before it went from 31 to 63 so not bad. One of my friends is actually at 200, that is just mind blowing I can't believe they have patience let alone time to actually get that score.

My current score is 132 :rolleyes: I only play when I'm on the toilet :lol:

Nguyen really seems like a everyday normal guy. I'm glad too that he made a success with this game, it is a very important point in his life. :)

I honestly don't get it myself. It's a perfectly fine mobile game to pass the time waiting for the bus, etc--and that's about it. Normally I would simply shrug my shoulders and say "to each their own," but the four-figure bids for smart phones with the game some were ponying up when it was unavailable were simply absurd and down-right obscene! I wouldn't pay a two-figure sum for such a cheap, simple time-waster, let alone four-figures! (In fact, I wouldn't pay four-figures for any one game!)

Back