Found a Nintendo 3DS on an Airplane

What do you need me to do, guys? I am sorry that I haven't been on lately, my laptop wasn't charging, but it is fixed now.

@Y0shiM0n I think dustin is taking care of it. And if his solution doesn't work, I'm going to suggest to the OP to try to take it to lost and found.

Aw man. Sticky situation. I would love to help, but im not sure i could as a result of i do not currently have my 2ds. Sorry. If i get it back before it has been returned then i would be happy to help :)

i finally got a response from Nintendo's tech forum, and of course the first thing they did was fuss for me leaving me real (first) name! Anyway, the reply was to contact the lost and found at the airport. I don't like it, there has to be a way to contact nintendo and hook this up. Im like Andy and Woody right now, we gotta get these toys home

Lol i like it a lot! So i have messaged friends before on miiverse. All you have to do is go to miiverse, click messages, then all your friends should show up on a list. You tap the arrow next to the friend you want to message and then your message history will show up. Just find someone who has messaged them before in the past and get them to message back. The only problem now is getting it connected to wifi. Damn parental controls!

If you guys ever managed to get the 3DS back to its owner, I'll be spazzing like no other. Yeah it would be pretty much like Toy Story.
@Heigw, Yeah, can't find anything too without hacking.

I'm perfectly fine with hacking. I usually only hack websites though, never even attempted a video game system. Just never had a reason to. I hate hack clients, sure you did it and succeeded, but was it legit? NOPE!

@Finder well i got a response from Nintendo's website: 1-800-255-3700 is their phone number. That would be a great place to start.

Another user posted to go into the settings and check for an NNID, then check for a corresponding email address. Please let me know if this helps.

Right, I know I'm a new member to the forum, and what you're all doing to get the system back to its original owner is fantastic, but wouldn't it have been easier just to take it to the airline and hand the device in?

They'll have a list of previous passengers that have been in the plane and contact details, so even if nobody as reported it missing, they're the ones that are more than likely going to be able to return it.

Like I said, it's a nice gesture everyone coming up with ideas on what to do, but while we're all thinking, there's a kid out there probably missing his Nintendo, so the main thing is to get it back to them as quickly as possible, and I really do think that would be to contact the airline.

@pwarbi yes, thats all true. I would hope someone out there would be passionate about helping my child if something like this happened. If it'd be me, i'd trust Nintendo to find out who this is and message them directly far before id drop it off somewhere. If this is the airport I'm thinking it is, my wife and i had to sleep on a bench overnight due to a missed flight (long story). Trust me: they don't care about you or your problems.

@OP, I'm thinking, is it really worth the effort to return the 3DS? Did the 3DS come with a game? Or does it have any downloaded digital games? If it didn't then I don't really think it's worth the effort to meet up with the kid. Might even cost them more than buying a new one. But if it does, then by all means return it! A 200 hour save file is more valuable than anything else.

@pwarbi yeah I agree, I think that's actually the most practical (but not necessarily best) choice to make, but I think they have already factored that into account. dustinb12 also raised a good point.

Well the airport might not care about its passengers but the actual airline itself would? I don't know, it just seems that as time is going on and on, if you do now end up going to the airline they might start wondering why you never handed it in sooner, that's all.

It's not the thought of doing what is most practical pwarbi/spence, it is to get the kid his ds. If we continue doing what we are now, it may take a while, but at least the kid gets it back. With just giving it to the airport then how much do you think they care about some little game? I'll answer for you. None. If the people happened to come back to the plane that had it, they wouldn't know who it belonged to. Pwarbi made an interesting point. But if it did have to be turned in to the air port eventually, they might wonder why we hadn't. But I don't think they would think anything of it. They would look at it and think that its just a dumb little game. No one who didn't have any knowledge of video games wouldn't care a bit about it. All i can say is to repeatedly call the guy until he answers, ask them about the ds, ask for they're mailing address, or home address, and then give them the damn ds. Obviously you would have to have them show you they can get into the parental controls, or email so that you know its theirs, but it may not be as practical as giving it to the god forbidden airline, but it would be much more successful. Thats just my thoughts though.

I'm genuinely not seeing the big deal here, so I'll make this my last post about it and then leave it up to you guys to decide what to do.

A couple of years ago my daughter left a toy bear on a flight that she'd had since she was a baby. She was around 2 or 3 at the time and she went everywhere and even slept with it. She cried the house down because we'd left it on the plane, anyway I rang the airline just in case and when the cleaners had been on board in between the flights, they'd picked it up and handed it in. I went down and picked it up from the airport, and the bear and my daughter was reunited.

You might think that the airlines or the airport don't care and will think it's just a dumb bear (or in this case a game) but they do keep items that have been lost and make an effort to find their owners. They've got more chance of knowing who's game it is than any of us lot anyway, that's all I'm saying.

Anyway, good luck and I hope it gets sorted.

That is pretty convincing, that maybe they would have called and got there ds back. But now, after how long its been gone, there is no way the people are going to call the airport again.

Just as an update - I filed a lost and found (in this case, found) report via American Airlines, but to this day, only crickets.

So our greatest fears have been realized.
Finder, does the 3DS come with a game cartridge or digital downloads?

Latest threads

Back