Grand Theft Auto is going to be a Pokemon Go Clone?

joshposh

Banned
Playing
Virtual Boy
If it has already been known or confirmed top the general public, then excuse my ignorance. I guess I lived under a rock for too long. It seems that Nintendo's success (9 billion in a few days) has now started a gaming trend that we will see in the near future. We will see gaming in a virtual world via Smartphone being expanded to other genre.

Grand Theft Auto has been rumored to be in development as a Pokemon Go clone. Doing battles and missions in your area using google maps. This is just the beginning of the future of gaming where immersion of our actually physical surroundings is thrown into the game.

I can't wait til they get Survival Horror Games into the mix, then I'd be happy.

Source for this rumor? As in a link. Also Augmented Reality games are nothing new. Been around forever. Had them on Dreamcast and PS2. PSP and PS3 had them as did Xbox 360. 3DS and Wii U do. GBA kinda did. AR has been around since before Microsoft made consoles. There is a survival horror game on 3DS with it. Fatal Frame.

I've heard a joke about a GTA Go game which involved stealing cars irl, but no real rumours.

In the city where I have grown up and live, Grand Theft Auto was a reality even before the game was released and people going round attacking others and stealing car's was and is already a real life experience, we don't need a GTA GO game to make that happen!

Seriously though I do think that because of the success of Pokemon GO, a lot of other game developers are going to be jumping on the bandwagon now, and I can see a glut of games coming out that are going to try and cash on on this success. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not though to be honest, as we already have gangs of kids wandering the streets with their heads glued to their phones, and this will only make it worse.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of making Grand Theft Auto into a similar game. Some of my favorite memories playing Grand Theft Auto is killing hookers, stealing their money, and driving like a mad man. I could see this easily becoming an issue in the real world. If they think that Pokemon Go is causing problems, I can't imagine what the Grand Theft Auto series is going to bring into the real world. I don't think the game itself would encourage people to make bad decisions, but I do think it would bring the dummies out of the wood work. I have seen so many articles on people's ridiculous choices while playing Pokemon Go. Can you imagine what kind of dumb choices someone would make playing Grand Theft Auto?

I hate to be that person, but I've already witnessed a series of ridiculous decisions in my town, ha ha.

Source for this rumor? As in a link. Also Augmented Reality games are nothing new. Been around forever. Had them on Dreamcast and PS2. PSP and PS3 had them as did Xbox 360. 3DS and Wii U do. GBA kinda did. AR has been around since before Microsoft made consoles. There is a survival horror game on 3DS with it. Fatal Frame.

There is nothing on the market like Pokemon GO or in the past. Those consoles and portable devices that you mentioned, do not have you walking around the city and looking for Pokemon with your cellphone. The mobile market is a different animal. The immersion and real world interaction is the first of it's kind. This game has everyone standing out side of churches so the can train their Pokemons.

You provided no proof for GTA so you made it up. Also yes there has been a game like Pokemon Go. Ingress from the same company that made Pokemon Go. Niantec. Pokemon Go came after Ingress.

And with a response like that, you can see why people are considering quitting the forum. You have basically stated that @joshposh is a liar just because he hasn't provided the proof that you have asked for. Just because he hasn't, and in all honesty he doesn't have to on your say so, doesn't mean that you have a right to call him a liar which is basically what you have just done.

Me and @joshposh have had our issues in the past and disagreements but I think your tone is out of order. "You have no proof for GTA" is acceptable. Adding "so you made it up" isn't and can be considered a form of bullying tactic designed to cause an argument or to get a reaction. Just my thoughts anyway...

He's just a internet troll trying to get a rise out of me. He never creates threads in fear of being questioned and only bashes other attempts at stimulating conversations.

I got the rumor off of podcast that talked about Pokemon Go. I will not give out that link because the troll wants it.

And with a response like that, you can see why people are considering quitting the forum. You have basically stated that @joshposh is a liar just because he hasn't provided the proof that you have asked for. Just because he hasn't, and in all honesty he doesn't have to on your say so, doesn't mean that you have a right to call him a liar which is basically what you have just done.

Me and @joshposh have had our issues in the past and disagreements but I think your tone is out of order. "You have no proof for GTA" is acceptable. Adding "so you made it up" isn't and can be considered a form of bullying tactic designed to cause an argument or to get a reaction. Just my thoughts anyway...
Baseless claims will always be questioned esp when presented as fact. It's not designed for an argument since I hate them. Just so many people spread misinformation it annoys me. He is often very vague with his "rumors" He just says they exist when none exist. So yes from what I have seen he is making it up hoping to stir conversation on essentially a lie. He knows he did as provided by his last post"a podcast" Which one? A link to it please. Name calling..meh too old to troll..that would mean I'm somewhat emotionally invested which I am not. I just would like proof he has none. Grahamf already proved it was just a fan mock up photo and nothing more. I have connections to people who have worked for R* North so I could have had asked them to find out but I rather people not post BS. If you post a topic and make claims anywhere on the internet you better be able to back it up with something tangible.

Hell he made a false accusation of never making a topic lol. So again spreading misinformation.

There is no tone. People read a post differently and interpret how they want but TBH about as chill as it gets.

Well if you have connections with Rockstar then no doubt you yourself will be able to prove for a fact that what @joshposh says is an out and out lie but you haven't so that then leads me to believe that you are now coming out with BS. I'm also not sure who made you the internet police, and people can post whatever they want on the internet without having to answer to you and having to back things up just because you say so.

If the admin have a problem with @joshposh then I'm sure that it would be them that are replying to his threads and comments, and not just a regular member such as you, and like it or not...that's all you are, a regular member on the forum just like the rest of us.

He is working on Treachery in Beatdown City on my Youtube Channel he has several videos. So see I can back it up. I could even tell you a story when he was at R* when Chinatown wars was in development how Miyamoto screamed his damn head off when taking a tour with Iwata of R* North. I never said he broke a forum rule but he is posting misinformation as fact. This isn't a me think this is just how things work anywhere. If you make false news or rumor claims someone will always want a source or you will be called out.

This is a diverse community with members from different regions and countries, and so there are many of us who do not accept opinion as facts.

That's exactly my point. The forum is a diverse community with many different people with many different views and when we give our opinions, they are just that...opinions. They aren't facts, they are just opinions and we all have them, but it seems that there are a couple of members on here that are just out to cause trouble and feel the need to question everything certain other members say.

Sooner or later there will come a point where people will just stop commenting as they will know that they are going to be told to justify everything they say and it becomes tiresome. Any new member that signs up will see people's opinions being picked apart so in the end they just won't bother starting threads or replying to comments and that will be a blow to the forum itself. Maybe we should just turn the forum in to a a place that just reposts news articles? At least that way then everything posted will be a fact that can be proven.

I'm not so sure how fun something like this would actually be if it even came to fruition. GTA style games mock real world situations and culture, so going around doing virtual drug deals, muggings, and murders by visiting real world locations doesn't seem appealing. Honestly you can find that in real life.

One of the exciting qualities that make Pokémon GO fun and interesting is that it's putting something that's fantasy into the real world.

Reminds me of the drug wars game on graphing calculators that all my classmates played in the 90's.

That's exactly my point. The forum is a diverse community with many different people with many different views and when we give our opinions, they are just that...opinions. They aren't facts, they are just opinions and we all have them, but it seems that there are a couple of members on here that are just out to cause trouble and feel the need to question everything certain other members say.

Sooner or later there will come a point where people will just stop commenting as they will know that they are going to be told to justify everything they say and it becomes tiresome. Any new member that signs up will see people's opinions being picked apart so in the end they just won't bother starting threads or replying to comments and that will be a blow to the forum itself. Maybe we should just turn the forum in to a a place that just reposts news articles? At least that way then everything posted will be a fact that can be proven.
So I can make a topic that says Nintendo is going out of business say it's Rumor provide no proof but anyone who questions this are hostile and my post was opinion so it's ok to hide behind it? Makes sense. It wasn't an opinion to begin with but false information purposefully said to stir a reaction. That's what he did. Have you not been on forums long? This is a common theme online. From posting on forums for 21 years to running 3 of them for a decade. Many people do this. Everytime someone wants a source otherwise they will not be believed or at the very least questioned.

I'm slowly losing the will to live talking to you guy's to be honest, and I feel like we're going round in circles here. The forum is turning into the @grahamf and @Segata show, and soon the forum will just be you two posting threads and commenting and any new member that joins and dares to offer an opinion will just be jumped all over.

You may have run 3 forums in the past @Segata but as far as I'm aware, you don't own this one and you have no more authority over what people post than what I have. There's way's to disagree with a post without coming out and calling them a liar who's full of BS but seeing as you have '21 years experience and ran 3 forums for over a decade' I would imagine you already know that.

You don't get it. So I will make note of that it's ok to make up shit as news and rumors to you. I will do that from now on. I now know I can make a topic Reggie committed suicide and label it as rumor and it will be acceptable.

giphy.gif

You don't get it. So I will make note of that it's ok to make up shit as news and rumors to you. I will do that from now on. I now know I can make a topic Reggie committed suicide and label it as rumor and it will be acceptable.
389.gif

Trying to get back on topic, there is no question other devs will try and create a similar experience using real world settings and AR that users can go and participate in a more social way. Nothing will ever have the success like Pokemon GO did however, that's an anomaly.

Back