Hi !! :) 90s kid

Playing
Game Boy
Hello all :)

I grew up in the 90s and played so many video games as a kid.. it was a really big part of my childhood. I remember back in the day inviting friends over to the house to play Street Fighter 2, Streets of Rage, etc. those multiplayer fighting/beat 'em up games were so much fun.. good times!
Consoles I owned back in the early to mid 90s include the Sega Mega Drive, Game Gear, Sega Saturn, Game Boy, NES, SNES and the first PlayStation.
Also love 90s TV shows, especially Nickelodeon :) some favourites include Kenan and Kel, Hey Arnold, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Boy Meets World, the original TMNT, Goosebumps.. just to name a few.

Nice to meet you XD

Last edited:
I also associate the early 90s with Street Fighter II... and Disney Afternoon. What a great time that was.

Welcome to Nintendo Forums!

Welcome, dude. I'm a huge fan of that era of beat-em-ups, and the MegaDrive/Genny holds a dear place in my heart - I have complete libraries on tiny SD chips, hehe.

I can't really relate to most of those shows, but I have vague recollections of having to see similar things while babysitting my nieces and nephew.

These are some of my childhood favorites:

Krofft stuff, Six Million Dollar Man, Sanford and Son, Dr. Who, Thundarr the Barbarian, Star Trek, MacGuyver, Masters of the Universe, Scooby Doo, All in the Family, etc.etc... :eek:

Belly-up to the bar, mate - on the house.

oh yeah! Welcome! i seem to have a few years on you but 90's Nick is a fav time for me too. Hey Dude, Doug, Double Dare, You can't do that on TV... Good times

I have disliked fighting games as I grew up but loved them as a kid :p. Some nice 90s shows you named, but how do you not name Doug, Rugrats, or Allthat lol loved those.

Welcome to the forums.

I can't speak for the glut of 90s stuff, but 'You Can't do that on Television' was always a hoot. Ren & Stimpy was the single best thing to come out of the 90s Nickelodeon scene, imho.
Remember, though, I was in my 20s when most of these 'kids shows' aired; certainly not the intended demographic. ;)

I have disliked fighting games as I grew up but loved them as a kid :p. Some nice 90s shows you named, but how do you not name Doug, Rugrats, or Allthat lol loved those.

Welcome to the forums.

Thanks ;)

lol I had a long list so only included a few ;p
saw the earlier seasons of All That, but loved the Amanda Show when it aired XD
last shows I watched on Nick before the channel 'died' were Drake and Josh and Zoey 101

I can't speak for the glut of 90s stuff, but 'You Can't do that on Television' was always a hoot. Ren & Stimpy was the single best thing to come out of the 90s Nickelodeon scene, imho.
Remember, though, I was in my 20s when most of these 'kids shows' aired; certainly not the intended demographic. ;)

Whoa...whoa...Ren & Stimpy were good but it was no Legends of the Hidden Temple. Where else can you lose your sister to a kidnapper only to win a Duncan YOOOOO-YOOOOO!

Olmec.jpg

Latest threads

Back