Is Wii U a toy?

JoanMcWench said:
Oh, I agree. However, if you are going to troll please troll well. Otherwise it's a waste.

Nintendo has been in the race long before Bill Gates had a garage so I'm not too concerned about the company other than the ability to drive away from family centric gaming. That IS a pet peeve. Don't lose the classsic characters and, surely, do not put them in M rated games. But open the doors to other companies that want skin in the game. Adults that grew up playing the NES would love more options with the company today.

Did you just call me a troll - or are you referring to the OP? Because if the first interpretation is correct then I call foul - my opinion is no less valid because you happen to dislike Bill Gates. It'd be like me dismissing you because you have something against M-rated games (which I apparently love).

lol No need to get your panties in a bunch it had nothing to do with you being a troll. There was no reference to you. That's why there was that whole 'Oh, I agree.' area in my post. If you read through this thread (or many others I participated in) you'd see I am a fan of M rated games as well and have said (multiple times) that Nintendo would do well to further explore that option.

Also, I have no problem with Bill Gates. Seems to be a good guy, generally speaking. But Nintendo HAS been in the race long before he owned a garage. Not sure how that speaks to him as a person?

JoanMcWench said:
I believe the Bible said something about that part of the body being used for sitting.
oh-snap-o.gif
That was a hit below the belt :(

Anyway, if the Wii U is a toy, then all other consoles are toys too... The computer, the TV, cars, bikes, trains, trucks... Everything is a toy then! :huh:

JoanMcWench said:
lol No need to get your panties in a bunch it had nothing to do with you being a troll. There was no reference to you. That's why there was that whole 'Oh, I agree.' area in my post. If you read through this thread (or many others I participated in) you'd see I am a fan of M rated games as well and have said (multiple times) that Nintendo would do well to further explore that option.

Also, I have no problem with Bill Gates. Seems to be a good guy, generally speaking. But Nintendo HAS been in the race long before he owned a garage. Not sure how that speaks to him as a person?
Who said I was wearing panties? *smarmy troll face* Seriously though your other reply was really worded weirdly so that's why I was like "troll?" lolwhut? That said I may have just been sensitive because someone here is all spastic about mature games and stuff... Sorry about that.

averus said:
That was a hit below the belt :(

Anyway, if the Wii U is a toy, then all other consoles are toys too... The computer, the TV, cars, bikes, trains, trucks... Everything is a toy then! :huh:

lol I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'll aim higher. I don't want to break any of your 'toys'. :p

Like I initially mentioned, I don't feel like calling a console a toy is something to take as a burn. I have a hard time seeing it as anything other than positive. It just seemed like the OP still has training wheels on the troll-cycle and figured the sensitive cocoon of a Nintendo forum would oblige him in his training. :eek:

A wii-u is as much of a toy as the ps4 and xbox one. Performs the same function, allowing you to play video games. Its very silly for a person to insist the wii-u or any nintendo console is a toy while the xbox and playstation are not. What does that make the latter...tools? Hahahaha.

I guess that many people just have very low view of the WII U. I honestly don't see it as a toy and actually enjoy it a lot. I just wish that Nintendo would just bring out something for the WII u that would just blow the Xbox one and the PS4 out of the water.

Yes. It's a toy just as much as an Xbox 360, PS3, and a gaming PC is a toy. It's just as much a toy as every other console or handheld device.

Anything that is electronic and uses electricity and hooks up to a tv or other viewing device, plays games,media. Is NOT a toy....

Lego's, kinects, Gi Joe, TMNT action figures and Barbie Dolls are toys.

There is a huge difference. If you can't see past that, then people are blind and need to wake up.

WAKE UP!

averus said:
It can be a toy... Depends on what you're using the wiimote for ;)
Maybe I should've added :kinky: to that sentence :rolleyes:

Anyway, as I said before, the Wii U is definitely not a toy. No gaming platform is.
And I think we all know the difference between toys and gaming platforms, so why even pay attention to haters who call it a toy? :)

I paint plastic army men for a "hobby" so I don't really consider gaming a toy myself. That's just my opinion though.

No. The Wii U has ample power under the hood, just play Bayonetta 2 and you will see what the system is capable of. Surely, the PS4 and Xbox One are more capable machines but that doesn't mean that they're better. It all comes down to the game library at the end of the day. Right now, the Wii U has the better games and therefore it's a superior system. However, in a year or two that may no longer be the case as support for the console continues to dwindle.

People seem to forget that Nintendo started out making (cards) toys. They have had very few shifts in what they do as a company but it typically centers around entertainment. I have already written about this in greater detail here! http://www.nintendoloveaffair.com/2016/01/nintendo-samurai-of-gaming-industry.html

I don't think there is anything wrong with referring to Nintendo as a toy company. Amiibos, World of Nintendo, and the accessories that their systems utilize certainly supports that title.

I think people like to dismiss video games as a thing for kids lol it's just a general idea, just like they think anime is also for kids.

I'm not saying it's true though. In my country for example there's still this mentality when older people think that those things are for kids and that no grown-ups play them lol Actually when I bought my 2DS my mum was the first to tell me "why did you spent money in that, are you a baby"

In spite of how popular video games are playing them still seems to carry a taboo. I believe this leaps across cultures because as children become adults, it is expected that they put "childish" things behind them. If you read as a kid, should you stop reading as an adult? If you play sports as a kid, should you stop caring about them as an adult? It's interesting which forms of entertainment are allowed to transcend from childhood to adulthood and which aren't.

I think that idea, from older generations, will slowly fade out as games continue to gain more traction in the mainstream media.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back