My Biggest Gaming Regret

MilkBone

Playing
Switch
As a kid I had a NES, SNES & N64. Played so much Mario. As a teenager I switched over to the first PlayStation when I played the first Gran Turismo and I've had every PlayStation since. I got a Wii because of the Wii Sports craze. Even my wife's parents AND grandparents owned a Wii. Didn't play much besides Wii Sports. Played about 30 minutes of OoT on the Wii Virtual Console but quickly got distracted from PS3 stuff.

Well about a year ago I was having Nintendo nostalgia from when I was a kid and wanted to play some Mario. Got a 3DS and shortly after that a Wii U (got it a week before they announced they stopped making it lol). Of course I went straight to Mario and wasn't disappointed.

But last year I bought OoT 3D digital remaster version. It just sat there. I also bought Twilight Princess remaster for Wii U. Well this last summer I decided to actually start OoT & Twilight Princess. And that is where my biggest gaming regret comes in...why didn't I start playing Zelda games as a kid. I was 18 when OoT came out, I wish I had played it. I am loving it.

So now I'm still playing OoT on my 3DS (mainly at work during breaks). I put about 10 hours into TP and really like that game as well. And of course when I got my Switch two weeks ago I picked up BoTW on it and absolutely adore that game.

And why is it such a regret? I wish I would've spent less time on grindy games or replaying some games several times and played games I've never experienced. Destiny didn't need 1000 hours of my time. The Batman Arkham games didn't need to be played 3+ times each (although very good games). And I didn't even need to purchase an XBOX360 or XB1 (should've purchased Nintendo stuff instead with that money).

But I want to play more Zelda games. My goal is to finish the three I have and 100% BoTW. But which Zelda should I play after those three? I have a Switch, Wii U & New 3DS (obviously with virtual console on the later two). Which Zelda game do the Hyrule experts around here think I should play? Oh, I have a NES & SNES classics, so I have easy access to Zelda's 1, 2 & A Link to the Past.

Almost the opposite is true for me, I started out playing Zelda on NES, SNES, and then OoT on N64, Then I fell off the wagon. I haven't played a Zelda title since, and considering I don't own a Wii U or Switch, I might not get to play any of the newer titles. I did just get the OoT limited edition 2ds so I'm pretty excited about that.

PS - Link to the past is one of my favorites, but could just be because I played so much of it :)

@MilkBone aw yeah buddy. My regret was i went from NES to Sega instead of SNES. Why??? I thought i would be more grownup i guess. Then i got a PS, then PS2 and had plenty of fun. My grandmother showed me her Gamecube with Wind Waker around that time but i was not impressed at all. My wife wanted it so i we got a used GC with Wind Waker, Double Dash and Sunshine.

And i never ever looked back. I even finished Wind Waker for her and to this day, even with BOTW, its still my favorite game of all time. I backtracked and collected all the Zelda's in one way or another and love them all.

I don't know if my tattoos, toys, t-shirts, game collection make me an expert, but, here is my favorites pretty much in order:

Wind Waker (wii u)
BOTW (its the Mona Lisa)
Twilight Princess (wii u)
Majora's Mask (3ds)
Link's Awakening (Gameboy)
Minish Cap
A Link to the Past
OOT (3ds)
Hyrule Warriors
Skyward Sword
The Oracle games (Gameboy)

Something like that. Brother hit me up, i can talk Zelda til the cows come home!

Almost the opposite is true for me, I started out playing Zelda on NES, SNES, and then OoT on N64, Then I fell off the wagon. I haven't played a Zelda title since, and considering I don't own a Wii U or Switch, I might not get to play any of the newer titles. I did just get the OoT limited edition 2ds so I'm pretty excited about that.

PS - Link to the past is one of my favorites, but could just be because I played so much of it :)

Congrats on you 2DS & OoT! Do you think you might get a Switch in the near future? BotW is amazing.

@dustinb12 Ok, so you have to post a pic of a Zelda tatoo...providing it's in an appropriate place of course ;)
Man, I'm still working on OoT. I play that one limited cuz when I'm at home I'm playing on my Switch. I really want to finish it. Right now I'm in the dungeon where I got the boots that can walk a little ways on air. Can't remember the dungeon name. It is such a great game!

Congrats on you 2DS & OoT! Do you think you might get a Switch in the near future? BotW is amazing.
I'd like to pick up a switch but money is tight, will have to see how tax return time treats us. I've seen some good things about BotW

@AlienNinjaDad I totally understand money being tight. Funny you mention tax return. I was hoping that ours covers our rental when I go visit my brother in February lol

I haven't played any Zelda game besides the original on the NES and Twilight Princes on the wii. I really need to catch up. I was more worried with the Playstation at the time N64 games came out so I'm really looking forward to playing them eventually.

I've played every Zelda game that's ever come out, besides the CD-I games. I played the WiiU version of Twilight Princess & honestly I think that the Wii version is superior. I also really like Skyward Sword & the Gamecube version of Wind Waker cause I feel it's harder, where as the WiiU version feels way easier impo.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back