New 3DS is a stupid name

The naming is a bit lazy, I have to agree. Nintendo is definitely not known for their cool and awesome names for their gaming consoles. The "New 3DS" could easily be replaced with a name like "3DS XL", following the trend with their Nintendo DS XL. Even though the name is stupid, I really do hope the next generation of the 3DS is a huge upgrade from its predecessors.

I think the Wii and Wii U are the worst names for game systems. But the New Nintendo 3DS certainly is by far the most un-creative.

Nintendo have been giving strange and funny names to their consoles and handhelds since the Wii. I hope that they don't continue this trend much longer and go back to better naming conventions. It's true that the average consumer wants an easy to remember name when deciding on what product to purchase. So Nintendo should keep the name short but it should also roll off the tongue easily and sound catchy.

@Damien Lee Agreed. I liked the GameCube. It rolled of the tongue and it made total sense. It was a cube. That you game on. Yeah.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back