PS3 vs PS4

The PS3 took a while to get its feet off the ground but when it did it became a great system. Generation 7 was the first time the Nintendo console wasn't my favorite, and in fact it was my least favorite of the three... lol.

I didn't hate the Wii by any means, in fact I liked it a lot but it was my least favorite console of that generation. I found the other two to be much more enjoyable experiences. I think in hindsight I appreciate it more but it was my primary gaming system for two years (2006-2008) and I didn't enjoy it as much as GameCube and after I got my Xbox 360 it was a closed case.

ATM My PS3 as it's loaded with games. My PS4 Not a lot. My Wii U has 3x times as many games than my PS4 atm.

I've got the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Xbox ONE and PlayStation 4 all hooked up, and while I used to use the older consoles more, that is now slowly changing as the library of games starts to build up.

There's still life in the PlayStation 3, but it is slowly starting to show its age I think. If and when Sony start to turn the servers off, then most are going to transfer over and upgrade sooner rather than later.

I think my Bluray player supports Playstation Now. I can use that to play exclusives not available on my other consoles, right?

Ps3 is way more fun than ps4 right now overall, but ps4 is just so much more promising. Once the morpheus system is out, I think ps4 will probably kill the competition if the price for it is fair enough. If they can get it out under $200, I see them easily beating out everyone and setting the standard for vr pricing.

I thought Morpheus requires the upcoming "PS4K"?

I haven't heard anything about that, everything implies it will be available for the ps4. Launch prices are right around ~400, but I expect that to drop quite a bit within the first year or two once the secondhand market gets big enough.

Will there be much of a secondhand market for games though with the dominance of on-line and medialess purchases?
I used to always be patient and wait for the cheap deals, might have to just wait for the on-line sales

@RetroZoid If you are talking about the "used" game market, it's already dead to me. Stores like Gamestop and online stores have poor Quality Control and you have like a 2-3% chance of getting something defective, which is too high for me.

The second hand market where games are concerned, as taken a hit already with digital downloads becoming the preferred choice of gamers. I can only see that being set to continue, and while I've never been that concerned in the past about purchasing a second hand game that might be faulty (they're all refundable right?) I'm more concerned now that all that's going to be available are the older games, or games that people no longer want to play.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back