The Best Games on the GameCube

Super Smash Bros, Luigis Mansion ( haven't played the sequel, I need to though!), Animal Crossing, and Super Mario Sunshine were a few of my favorites. It may be time to dig out my GameCube. :) So much nostalgia, especially with Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing, those are my two favorites.

Not going to name popular stuff.
Killer 7
Viewtiful Joe
Chibi Robo
Baten Kaitos (either one)
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II (rarely see people mention this)

Super Smash Bros, Luigis Mansion ( haven't played the sequel, I need to though!), Animal Crossing, and Super Mario Sunshine were a few of my favorites. It may be time to dig out my GameCube. :) So much nostalgia, especially with Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing, those are my two favorites.
Oh god how did I forget animal crossing...that game was so stupidly fun. Like I can't even comprehend as an adult what I saw in it, but I spent so long just tinkering around with the game that I couldn't get a free hour for dinner sometimes, it was amazing <3

Zelda - Twilight Princess
Resident Evil Zero
Eternal Darkness
Metriod Prime 2
Prince of Persia - Sands of Time

I actually really enjoyed the Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes game that combined the first 2 MGS games in the current series. It really cleaned up the graphics and basically took everything that was good about the previous versions and punched them up.

Honorable mention goes to Metroid Prime and Wave Race: Blue Storm spent endless hours on both of those titles for the GameCube also.

51RuKFbjiEL.jpg

Exclusive wise, my top ten is:
1. Sonic Adventure DX
2. Animal Crossing
3. Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
4. Super Smash Bros. Melee
5. F-Zero GX
6. Resident Evil 4
7. Super Mario Sunshine
8. Pokemon Channel
9. Metroid Prime
10. Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

Yeah I have a soft spot for Pikachu centric games. I loved PokePark on the Wii for the same reason. :p

I remember when Super Smash Bros. first came out, I think that ties the record I have ever spent in a continuous session playing a game with GTA 3 for the PS2 when that came out, all day long the first day I got it. Soul Caliber was great too for its time, it's very outdated now but when it first arrived it felt revolutionary.

Oh the GameCube. This was really one of the more impulse-like buys that I have made in my recent history, although I guess ten years ago was not really that recent. It feels more recent, anyway, and I did get some pretty good use out of the thing, so it was not a complete waste. I remembered playing a lot of Super Smash Brothers, and that was probably the best game overall on the system. There was also a pretty good shooter game, but I cannot remember what it was called.

Definitely Sonic for me, that was the only game I played on t he GC. I owned other games, but my little brother was the only one who played them. I didn't really like the design of the controller, and the cartridge that went into it was not something that I wanted to deal with either.

My personal list is a bit longer on the gamecube because there are so many games that are enjoyable to the max on the gamecube.

1. Mario Sunshine
2. Legend of Zelda the windwaker
3. Soul calibur 2
4. Rayman 3
5. Bloodrayne.
6. Super smash bross melee
7. Pokemon Colosseum
8. Mario kart double dash
9. Mario party 4
10. Sponegebob the movie (To be honest the sillyness in the game is still nice as an adult. )

For me:

1. Resident Evil Rebirth
2. Eternal Darkness
3. Skies of Arcadia Legends
4. Soul Calibur 2
5. Luigi's Mansion

@tidus79 oooooooh Eternal Darkness! I loved that game! The first time the flies crawled all over the screen i freaked out. Still not sure what all was happening, but i did finish and enjoy it.

top 5 games are
1) PN03
2)VIEWTIFUL JOE
3)MARIO KART DOUBLE DASH
4)ETERNAL DARKNESS
5)SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back