The Best Games on the GameCube

I would have to agree with most of you and say Mario Kart. That game is such a classic, most gamecube gamers have at least some memories with that game. It has true potential to be best GC game ever.

I cannot believe none of you have mentioned Monkey Ball yet, those games were my childhood. Every new years me and my cousins would play it at night and we would have so much fun, man I really miss those good old days.

Last edited by a moderator:
My all time favorite game on the GameCube was Metroid Prime. I spent hours playing that thing when I first got it. I would love to start that game from the beginning and play it again one day. I also played WWE Day of Reckoning all the time as well. I'm a really big wrestling fan, and this was the closest we got to having WWE No Mercy on the GameCube.

Nobody I've seen ever answers "Baten Kaitos" on these threads. Along with original compositions from Motoi Sakuraba *awesome composer* and card based combat, the game was beautiful for its time. Also among the other games is of course Tales of Symphonia (YGGGGGDRASSSSILLL!!!) it was probably the best RPG on the Cube'. Aside from that, resident evil 4 pops into my mind with ashley "LEON!! HELP MEEE!!" I always wanted to yell STAY HIDING IN THAT DAMN DUMPSTER WENCH!

Mario Kart is a must have for this system. It is one of the best versions of the series and has, in my opinion the best maps of any mario kart. The character selection in this one was also great.

Luigi's Mansion
Super Monkey Ball
Wave Race: Blue Storm
Super Smash Bros Melee
Pikmin
Resident Evil (remake)
Resident Evil 4
Cubivore
Chibi Robo
Donkey Konga
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
F-Zero GX
Viewtiful Joe

There are also a lot of non-exclusive games that I skipped because they are also on Xbox and PS2, but they're great.

All of the ones he mentioned plus:

Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
Tales of Symphonia
All Zeldas you can find
And re-mention Resident Evil 4.

I think it is obvious from previous posts, but you should definitely be playing Mario Kart.

I can't stress enough to buy Baten Kaitos. It's such a wonderful game, and it had memorable boss fights. Probably the only video game to use a card-based attacking system I actually preferred.

I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet, but in my opinion Timesplitters 2 and Timesplitters Future Perfect are two of the best games you can get for Gamecube. Easily the most crazy and ridiculous form of shooter you can find on any system. Ever heard of a 4 player coop shooter involving time travel, where you shoot bricks and syringes at your enemy or hunt ghosts with your trusty ghostbuster cannon? Well, now you've heard about one.

All the Nintendo produced titles are usually some of the best for any Nintendo brand console. It's always been that way. They're much more invested in utilizing the consoles ability then anyone else in the market. Which means get all Mario/Mario World titles. The Resident Evil titles (yes, even Code: Veronica) are a great counter balance to the goofy Nintendo titles.

I am tied between Mario Sunshine-Pikmin 2-Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door.

I spent days worth of hours on Mario Sunshine, you should check it out.
-The graphics are something else
-Fun and creative level design

You should also check out Pikmin 2. EDIT: (Same goes for Pikmin 1/3)
-It can get very hard, but to me that is the fun part of it
-It has impeccable strategy mechanics

I personally took the time to 100% both of these games on multiple occasions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh gosh, Mario Sunshine!! how could I have forgot!! that game was hands down the hardest Mario game for the Gamecube! from all the regular stages to the special levels that drove you just crazy trying to figure them all out to collecting the stars!

I am sorry I overlooked this game...It is definitely worth your time and effort. Good graphics, good storyline, and best of all is it's re-playability! :)

This has probably been mentioned by other members, but you really can't go wrong with GC if you are a Resident Evil fan. Resident Evil 4, as example, is in my top five games of all time, and I have been playing video games since the late-70s. ;)

The RE remake is stellar, as well, and I really enjoy Warioland for a fun, mindless romp.

I have been hearing for years about the 'Smash Bros.' games and have watched my wife and friends having a ball with them.....one day I'll have to take the plunge! (We have three or four copies of the GC version, hehe, as my wife tends to grab every copy we find in the wild.)

My favorites are as follows:

1. Super Smash Bros. Melee
2. Kirby's Air Ride
3. Mario Kart DD!!

The GameCube had some excellent games, even though the overall game library was fairly sparse. Especially if one compares the GC's library to the of the PS2, there's definitely a huge disparity. Nevertheless, here's a few games I consider to be the best on the GameCube:

1. Super Mario Sunshine
  2. Skies of Arcadia
  3. Ikaruga
  4. Killer 7
  5. F-Zero GX
  6. Resident Evil 4
  7. Viewtiful Joe
  8. Viewtiful Joe 2
  9. Mario Kart Double Dash!!
  10. Tales of Symphonia
I think any GameCube owner would be thrilled with all of the above games in their collection.

My favorite Gamecube games were Super Mario Sunshine, Zelda: Legend of the Wind Waker, Sims Bustin' Out, and Sonic dx Adventures. My top pick would have to be Super Mario Sunshine. That would mostly be because of my love for Mario games, especially Mario Kart Double Dash. I love how it has all these different missions to do and different missions to help the Delfinos.

My favorite game on the GameCube is The Sims 2, which is a multi-platform game. Sonic Adventure DX is my second favorite, which is multi-platform now but wasn't at the time. Next in line would be Animal Crossing, F-Zero GX, and Super Smash Bros. Melee. All five of those games are my favorites in their respective series.

Definitely Super Mario Sunshine. The best Mario game to me, with all the many places you can go to, all the things you can do, it's just amazing. I would love a remake or a sequel. SMS is probably the best for me but Mario Kart: Double Dash is awesome too, along with Super Smash Bros. Melee, Kirby Airide, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, and Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker.

In my humble opinion, (no order) Resident Evil 4, Tales of Symphonia, Phantasy Star Online Episodes l & ll, Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, Luigi's Mansion, and Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door. Maybe Shadow the Hedgehog. These are some of the greatest games I've ever played, and I'm so thankful that the Gamecube brought them to me. Do you agree? What are your favorites?

Other than RE4 (never played) I couldn't agree more. Paper Mario TYD was an amazing game, and definitely worth buying the system for. The only addition I would have would be the NBA Street game. That was a lot of fun when my siblings and friends got together. Still remember "In and out like a fast food restaurant!" and then seeing the glass shatter. lol Good times.

1. Tales of Symphonia (Great RPG)
2. Wind Waker (The new story, love the graphics )
3. Paper Mario Thousand Doors (Great Mario RPG)
4. Mario Kart Double Dash
5. Mario Party 5
6. Baten kaitos origins

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back