The whole reason I bought an N64

Smokey

From
NY
Thinking back, the whole reason I purchased a Nintendo 64 was to play Resident Evil Zero. Since it was 'in development' for it shortly after the console's release but then ended up being pushed back to the Gamecube, that being said. I am glad I got the N64 all those years ago because there were some stellar titles on it like LOZ Orcarina of Time + Majora's Mask. 007 GoldenEye. Perfect Dark, and eventually Resident Evil 2 made an appearance even though I owned it already on Playstation, I remember getting it for the N64 that Christmas. :D Any N64 games you have fond memories of? :)

I got the N64 just after the popularity started to wane, but I did like Starfox 64 (though I don't remember as much of it now) and I loved Majora's Mask. Majora's Mask just...ripped my young mind apart playing it! I had played and liked OOT but the mind bending MM did just sold me from the start.

Did my share of Mario 64 as well. I think back on it, and the N64 was the better of that gen for the quality of gameplay it had.

My parents made me choose either the Playstation or the N64.
Already had a Gameboy as a kid, and as a big fan of Mario I obviously got the N64.
I still don't regret it, after playing games like Mario64, Zelda, Starfox and Banjo Kazooie, I still prefer it over any PS game.

I bought the Nintendo 64 to play Goldeneye 007. I love that game! I did move on and discover other great games like Perfect Dark, The Legend Of Zelda, F-Zero X, and many more.

The whole reason I bought a N64 was to play my favorite game, which was Super Smash Bros.! I remember I would play it for hours, sometimes by myself, sometimes with friends.
I never got bored of playing it on N64 until I got a gamecube and bought Super Smash Bros Melee.
What I really liked about it was the fact that it was multiplayer, so you could always play with, or complete against friends.

Yeah. I was one of the lucky ones that had almost every console that generation. I had a PS1 and an N64. The one My parents didn't get me (oddly enough) was a Sega Saturn. I had every sega console prior to the Saturn. The following generation I had a Dreamcast, PS2 and Gamecube. Kinda weird how I missed out on the Saturn though as it has some fantastic games.... I might buy one someday. :)

I got the N64 when the whole Pokémon hype started to rise. Having played the Pokémon games from the beginning on the GameBoy, when Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Snap came out, I just HAD to have an N64... and it didn't dissappoint me at all, every single N64 is amazing, some of them I still play from time to time. And if you're a Pokémon fan, you know that there hasn't been a game like Pokémon Snap since then. It would be great if they mada remake/sequel for the Wii U.

I got my N64 because everyone I knew had one and I just wanted to fit in. I had many games for it like mario kart, starfox, golden eye 007 and the legend of zelda. I basically had many consoles growing up and I cherish all those consoles. The newer generation doesn't appreciate games like we did and they need to experience playing those classic games.

I never had my own N64, but my friend let me borrow his for a while. I remember entering several contests as a kid to win one, but that never happened. For some reason the N64 is my most memorable console (with the exception, perhaps, of the Gamecube), because it was released right when I was first getting into video games. Obviously there were a lot of great games for it, so I think my obsession was pretty justified.

GGovan said:
My parents made me choose either the Playstation or the N64.
Already had a Gameboy as a kid, and as a big fan of Mario I obviously got the N64.
I still don't regret it, after playing games like Mario64, Zelda, Starfox and Banjo Kazooie, I still prefer it over any PS game.
Same here, I had to choose for my birthday.
Everyone was telling me to get the PS1 but, I had played it at a friends and the only game they had was Ridge Racer (1) and I thought it was kinda boring TBH.
I had also rented an N64 from Blockbuster for a week I think and really liked it, even with only Mario 64 to play.

When i got my N64 I only had 1 game, 'WELCOME TO MARIO KART!' and I played it and played it and played it and never got bored!

I loved super mario 64, ocarina of time, majoras mask ( favorite zelda game) Banjo Kazooie ( favorite game of all time), Banjo tooie, goldeneye, perfect dark, Pokemon stadium, donkey kong 64, Mario kart 64, super smash bros, diddy long racing, conkers bad fur day, Bomberman heros, and Paper mario.

I actually purchased the N64 many years after it was in the mainstream. My brother and I went through a period of retro gaming. I remember purchasing the Atari Jaguar, the Sega Saturn and the N64. They were all dirt cheap at the time. I discovered the N64 has some good games on it, like Zelda and Doom, so I still have it laying around, connected to my old TV.

Goldeneye and Starfox were my reasons for getting a Nintendo 64 bit i really loved Resident Evil as well. A huge game for me when I was a kid was WWE'S No Mercy. That game was, at the time, the best wresting game I had ever played in my life. I seriously played that game for years, even after the N64 ceased production. I still hook up my old system from time to time to play that game and Starfox. I also give Zelda a whirl too sometimes.

My father bought me the N64 sometime in '97. It came bundled with Mario Kart 64 and 2 controllers. My friends and I could not stop playing Battle after school. N64 was such a good console with an amazing library of games. Ocarina of Time, SSB, Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie and Mischief Makers are some of my all time favorite N64 titles.

Thankfully I still have the same group of childhood friends come over my apartment on Saturday nights to play Mario Kart as drunk adults.

Mario kart drunk... I have experienced this 4 times... All 4 times turned into fistfights.

Now now Banjo, you shouldn't play games drunk. When the N64 came out, CD based games were already taking over, and generally much better. Ocarina of Time was worth what I payed for the N64 though(which was about 20 bucks). Hexen is another game I really liked on the N64. Nintendo did well with the first person shooters.

The N64 was a gift, but I bought the PSone. I remember enjoying the devil out of the N64 even through originally I didn't think I'd really like it. I'm not sure why I wasn't totally gung-ho, but then again I wasn't even really sold on the Psone and I bought that one with actual cash monies... Maybe I just wasn't that into systems and such a that time?

I bought my N64 specifically for Ocarina of Time. I loved every Zelda up to that point and it was a must for me. I knew the N64 was promising revolutionary graphics and the potential with a new Zelda game was through the roof. Needless to say, it didn't disappoint. That game remains one of my all time favorite games ever and it had little to do with the graphics, which were amazing by the way.

My parents just bought me one out of the blue. I probably did something that really impressed them. I was really grateful for the new console, but I barely had any games to enjoy. It sucks that it doesn't work anymore.

I really never had many games either, part of it due to my parents not buying them for me, and part of it being because I wasn't interested in a lot of the games. I remember working my butt off doing chores and what not when games I wanted would come out, specifically Majora's Mask

Latest threads

Back