What Nintendo game would make a great movie?

tylerMD

Playing
Nintendo 64
What do you guys think? What game would make a great adaption to the big screen? Assume they can change several things and go in a different style direction.

I would love to see Chrono Trigger into a movie. It has a great plot, great locations, memorable characters and is pretty epic. Of course Chrono would have to speak and the whole premise would have to be made more realistic so as not to appear campy.

Metroid would be a great movie. They could have samus going against the environment on a foreign planet, show her struggle to survive and how she became such a legend!

That is a great idea. There are great plots for number of the games and Metroid has a nice mythos surrounding it. I could easily see them make a movie about and a sequel. I would love to see Ridley or Mother Brain designed realistically. It would be incredibly cool and the little kid inside me would die.

On a side note, I know it isn't a Nintendo franchise, but Assassin's Creed would lend itself easily to a film adaptation.

Banjo beat me to it by saying Metroid. I can just imagine a sci-fi thriller set in the Metroid universe. As long as they didn't over do the CGI, it would make a great flick. They could do Zelda with a Lord of the Rings style feel to it. I also think a movie based on Rygar might be interesting.

I don't know why but I feel like the game Lost in Blue would make such a great movie. I see it as somewhat of a Titanic sequel because it involves a shipwreak follow by being washed up onto an island. It might not be the best movie but enough to satisfy a lot of viewers since this could be an action/adventure movie!

The legend of zelda would make a great fantasy movie it already has a storyline skyward sword OOT, majora's mask and wind waker all they need is too not screw up link sense most likely he would talk.

the obvious is Zelda, but think of the possibilities with Samus. Outer space, a female lead. It's kinda been done before but think of the emotion shown in Super Metroid and Other M. Those would be great

I'm still waiting for Super Mario Bros 2 though..

Who would play the role of Samus in the Metroid movie? Another game I can think of that would make a cool movie is Dragon Warrior.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

If any nintendo movie is made it either needs to be an Anime or a CGI movie. Any other format and I strongly believe it just won't work. The games are all about physics not working the same way they do in the real world and I don't think a live action movie could do that well..

Animal Crossing was made into an animated movie, and it was awesome.

jbeavis100 said:
If any nintendo movie is made it either needs to be an Anime or a CGI movie. Any other format and I strongly believe it just won't work. The games are all about physics not working the same way they do in the real world and I don't think a live action movie could do that well..
You have a good point here. Nintendo characters do tend to defy the laws of physics. In order to reprisent that aspect with living actors, the movie would have to be laced with CG graphics. Nothing is a bigger turn off for me. At least with animated movies, they can make it look realistic.

crunchyg said:
Animal Crossing was made into an animated movie, and it was awesome.
I know I have the movie with English subs. And I put it on DVD, and made a DVD cover for the Case.

I think Mario Bros as an entirely serious subject could be a great movie. Not the Leguizamo vehicle that killed other options but a serious interpretation of the story. It's there and often neglected. I guess the closest they get to an interpretation would be an RPG model. Depressing.

There was also a Japanese Super Mario Bros. Anime movie. Called Super Mario Bros. The Great Mission to rescue Princess Peach. The movie is in Japanese though. But I went on Youtube and found a English dub for the movie. And I have it on my External Hard drive. I will be putting that onto a DVD soon.

Latest threads

Back