What was the first Zelda you beat?

I came to the series fairly late. The first game I played/beat was Wind Waker on the GameCube. I fell in love with the art style, and I enjoyed it especially because the game wasn't too "difficult" for me (I'm not always the best at video games, haha). I became a fan of the series almost instantly, and have been loving it ever since. I can't wait for the new Zelda to be released, it looks amazing!

Twilight Princess was the first one I beat, and phantom hourglass was the first one I played. Right now I'm working on beating Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Link to the Past.:D

I beat all Zelda games in chronological order up until the Oracle games came out, which I couldn't get into and eventually skipped altogether.

Whoa this is really cool. Am you must have a serious passion for these games. I will tell you that I have enjoyed the games as well but not to the point that I was able to beat all of the pm in chronological order.

The very first Legend of Zelda game I completed was The Ocarina of Time for 3DS.
I mostly played it in class when I was in high school, I really had nothing better to do!
It took me a few times because I restarted quite a bit due to being completely lost in the water temple.
Eventually I went out and bought a guide to the game and it saved my life so to speak.
I completed it and never looked back!!
It was a pain but a really good game might I add.
I am currently playing twilight princess on the Wii so hopefully this goes smoother!!

Of coarse the first zelda i beat was the original legend of zelda of coarse! XD

The very first Legend of Zelda game I completed was The Ocarina of Time for 3DS.
I mostly played it in class when I was in high school, I really had nothing better to do!
It took me a few times because I restarted quite a bit due to being completely lost in the water temple.
Eventually I went out and bought a guide to the game and it saved my life so to speak.
I completed it and never looked back!!
It was a pain but a really good game might I add.
I am currently playing twilight princess on the Wii so hopefully this goes smoother!!

oh yes, that water temple. TP is a personal favorite too. I don't remember my first, maybe it was WW for Gamecube.

I played Phantom Hourglass first but i got really bored and still have not returned.. But then i tryed Twilight Princess and won that. Still one of my favorites. I have now won every 3D Zelda. And hardly touched 2d ones because imo A link to the past and Phantom Hourglass were the most boring thing ever.

Started with OoT, worked my way back! It took forever for me to beat OoT, I was like 9 with no internet...it sucked. I had no idea what to do so much of the time, messing stuff up constantly. I'm looking back on it and realizing it developed so many skills though :)

My first was The Ocarina of Time for the DS. I used to play Zelda a lot when I was younger but never came to actually finish lol

I think the first one I played and beat was Oracle of Seasons for Game Boy Color. It took me several years to beat, but only because when I first got it I was pretty young and loved to just walk around the village talking to people instead of completing things. I came back to it a few years later and beat it. Fun game!

The first Zelda I happened to beat was actually Ocarina of Time. I was really intrigued by it when I was younger due to the cutscene in the title sequence where the twin witches attack Like in the Spirit Temple, where he runs into Sheik at the entrance of the Fire Temple, and of course where you just see Ganondorf riding through flames on his horse. The game itself was amazing just due to the fact that it wasn't always so cut and dry with what you had to do or where you were supposed to go. Alot of times, you had to figure things out yourself and that only made me more determined to beat it. I think I was about nine years old the first time I managed to complete the game but I was probably around seventeen when I actually went back through the game and finished all the sidequests, collected all the items and hearts and then beat the game.

That would be Link's Awakening! I had absolutely no idea what I was supposed to do, and I kept bumming around the first dungeon, absolutely confused. It was just by sheer luck that I realized that I was supposed to have the BowWow do something for me... actually, I beat most of the game just by sheer luck... :p
But because I was so invested in it, I really bonded with the characters and the game itself - and so when I finally beat the game and the ending came around... I was really really heartbroken haha. They're really nice memories.

The Zelda franchise has always been challenging. When I was little it was hard to get past some of the puzzles and I would easily get discouraged. When I was little I would use a walk through when I got stuck at difficult points, in my adult life I shy away from this behavior as it takes away from the victory and feeling you get when you do actually end up beating a game. The first Zelda game I beat unassisted would be Ocarina of Time for the N64. Just like Goldeneye, Ocarina of Time is a classic that has influenced whole generations of games and its influence will continue to be felt. Good question!

First one was Ocarina of Time, and surprisingly, it was very recently. I don't know why but single player games (except Pokemon Snap) for N64 didn't appeal to me back then. My better half made me play the game :p I ended up loving it. Helped me a lot while waiting on my paralegal job back then (played the 3DS version).

Well I am happy to report that it was Ocarina of Time for me. The reason why I say happy to report is that it took me forever to finally beat it, but it was pretty rewarding. Unfortunately, though, it also reminds me of the fact that I did not get to beat Majora's Mask, and I tried you can believe that, but it was a lot harder for me. Good times, and thanks for the memories.

The first Zelda game that I ever beat was Wind Waker in like 2004! The second one was Twilight Princess (two times) and then Ocarina of Time. I bought the remaster for 3DS so I'm going to play it all over again :)

@Goddess Wind Waker is my favorite game of all time, and Twilight Princess is close to the top as well. The 3ds remasters of Ocarina and Majora are fantastic. They did a really good job with all the remasters.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back