What's your favorite DS title?

BTCGuru81

Topic says it all! What's your favorite DS title and why?

I found the Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hour Glass was probably my favorite DS experience. While I know first party titles are always on these lists, my reason isn't just because I love Zelda games (I do!). This particular game used all of the DS's uniique capabilities at some point to creative effect. There was a point at which you had to speak your name into the microphone to move ahead and the NPC kept asking for you to speak louder until you were shouting. Once you did, he said something like "You know, you didn't have to shout, you could have just blown air over the mic?". I found myself cracking up that a video game had played a trick on me.

The touch screen was also used in a variety of ways that went beyond being a mere map screen as other titles often did. I especially enjoyed using the stylus as a surrogate sword during the battles. Of course, when it was used as a map screen, they went the extra mile and made it interactive.

There were so many charming aspects to that game beyond the obvious Zelda goodness.

It's a tie between Final Fantasy III and Final Fantasy IV for me. I love the Final Fantasy series. I missed out on the original versions of both of those games. The reason I like them is because I'm a sucker for oldschool rpgs. Both games are turn based but III has a job system where you can switch classes for any character freely. IV has set job system where each character's job is already decided. Both of these fit each game. The updated graphics didn't hurt either.I wish SE would redo Final Fantasy I and Final Fantasy II for the 3DS next.

The World Ends With You. I liked being able to control battling on either screen depending on how much work I wanted to give to myself. I also liked the little jokes as well as the fact it was an actually entertaining story. Besides which it had stuff to do after the initial game ended which was great considering how few games actually do that.

Pokemon Diamond was my first "real" DS game. I say that because it was an exclusive, whereas the other games I had played weren't. I still remember going in to the store to reserve my copy, but it seems like they were out of the collectible stylus things. It was kind of weird to play Pokemon with 3D elements (not including the Stadium/Colosseum games), but it was a pretty good experience overall. I ended up selling my DS and games, but I still have fond memories of it.

Rhythm Heaven! When I first got that game I would literally play it for hours on end. I know a lot of people don't consider puzzle type games as favorites, but they are usually the ones that I can't put down! I also love Drawn to Life. I thought it was so neat how whatever I drew would re-occur in the game.

DS has SO many great games, it's hard to list them all. Probably the best one (definitely the best selling one) is New Super Mario Bros. It pretty much set a new standard for sequels and rebooting gaming franchises. Such an enjoyable game, I loved every single level.

SugarTown91 said:
Rhythm Heaven! When I first got that game I would literally play it for hours on end. I know a lot of people don't consider puzzle type games as favorites, but they are usually the ones that I can't put down! I also love Drawn to Life. I thought it was so neat how whatever I drew would re-occur in the game.
Depends on the puzzle - Professor Layton games are awesome and of course Portal is a sort of puzzle game. That said have you ever tried Scribblenauts? You get to solve puzzles and create things with words... so many words.

Not really sure, there were quite a few over the years. It's a toss-up between NSMB, Jump Ultimate Stars, Pokemon Black 2, Ace Attorney & TWEWY.

EDIT: Just checked the initial post on the 1st page.

If I had to choose one game, it would be Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. I think this was my first ever adventure novel type of game, it impacted me like no other DS game. It gave me an amazing story, fantastically colourful characters and a new video game hero.

Nintendogs is my first DS game I ever played. I lost this game a bunch of times sadly but I really did enjoy the game! I always wanted a pet dog but I could never get one because of my horrible allergies. Besides Nintendogs, I love Pokemon Platinum. This was very different when I played Pokemon Diamond so I was more focused on this game trying to find the differences.

My favorite title in Nintendo DS is Pokemon White. It has many improvements compared to the past versions, also has good graphics and new legendary Pokemons. Playing it in the first time is really good, fun and entertaining to all ages. I highly recommend it to all pokemon fans and to all hard core gamers out there. Lot of things added and changes too, it also has 3d view unlike the past version, and this one got the best view. I hope that they will release a new version. I’m still playing it, but I never finish the game until now. It’s a brand new experience to explore.

Super Mario 64 DS. Its way different from the N64 version and Yoshis the hero :D

Jacob said:
If I had to choose one game, it would be Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. I think this was my first ever adventure novel type of game, it impacted me like no other DS game. It gave me an amazing story, fantastically colourful characters and a new video game hero.
I liked the Phoenix series because it is not only an actual game, but honestly hilarious. The objection feature, the searching for clues, the fact everyone is a large Ham... great fun really.

My favorite go so far on the DS is Pokemon Soul Silver. I love they made a remake from Pokemon Silver. There's so many new features that you have access to and more pokemon is added. I had a great time playing it and would highly recommend.

I haven't really played a ton but I really loved Bowser's Inside story. Bowser is one of my all time favorite characters and he is super funny. The writing overall is very witty and I can't wait to play again.

Currently playing Phantom Hourglass. Really fun but I wish it wasn't touchscreen only. That said, I feel the touchscreen controls works really well but I would love at least an option.

Phantom Hourglass for sure. What I liked most about it was it was so unconventional and something I wasn't used to. Things such as blowing candles out with your actual mouth were cool and it revolutionized the game to an extent for me. I wasn't a big fan of many titles as it is, so Phantom Hourglass is head and shoulders my favorite game.

Hands down... Advance Wars. Any of them. I was a huge Advance Wars fan on the GBA, and an even bigger fan on the DS. Now, I'm greatly anticipating a 3DS version. And hopefully, a Wii U version, too. But if it only comes to the 3DS, that still works for me. I've probably put more time into the Advance Wars franchise than any other franchise on any other platform. Even more so than my beloved Zelda franchise. Advance Wars is definitely my most anticipated 3DS title, as well as my most played DS and GBA title I know that the moment we get a 3DS version, all of my free down time will be devoted to that game. So yeah, when it comes to "fravorite DS title", hands down, Advance Wars. Both of them. I like them both.

I loved Dual Strike, as it was a great game. It felt like a natural extension to the GBA titles. When I first played Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, my initial thought was.. yeah, they "ruined" this game, alright. I only stuck with it because I loved the franchise so much. However, the more and more that I played it, the more and more that I enjoyed it. To the point where now it's one of my favorite titles in the franchise. Most people don't like it, and I get why. But I think that if they just keep playing it, like I did, they'll learn to enjoy it much more. It got to the point where I couldn't tell which one I liked more. Days of Ruin or Dual Strike. Both are completely different from each other, yet, both similar in many ways. I wasn't a fan of Days of Ruin at first, but it crew on me, and now, I couldn't tell you which one I like more. I like both equally, for different reasons. But either way, "Advance Wars" will still win the title of "favorite DS title" for me. So there you go.

Esperahol said:
Depends on the puzzle - Professor Layton games are awesome and of course Portal is a sort of puzzle game. That said have you ever tried Scribblenauts? You get to solve puzzles and create things with words... so many words.
I just beat the Diabolical Box and I'm working on the Curious Village. I'm... a little addicted. :) almost got the new Mask one for 3ds but I thought might be best to play the older ones first.

Radiant Historia. Old school RPG, which may remind you of the goold old SNES days. I really liked the concept of time-travelling (like Chrono Trigger) but there was a lot of freedom to change history.

I would have to say, Pokemon Soul Silver. One of the best remakes ever made pretty much.

Latest threads

Back