What's your favorite Smash Bros game, and why?

MrOblivious

Playing
Wii U
Personally, my favorite game would be Super Smash Bros: Brawl. It was the first ever game I bought from the series, and I absolutely loved it. The graphics were exceptional, the controls felt great, and the animations were absolutely brilliant. The stages within the game were very creative. None of the stages felt the same, since all of them had some sort of twist or layout. The menu in the game was easy to navigate. The one thing that stood out for me when I was playing Brawl was the story mode. The in-game cinematics for the story was absolutely beautiful. I could tell that Nintendo put a lot of their effort into the story. Although the cutscenes did not have much dialogue, the story was relatively easy to pick up. Gathering companions while going through the story, and trying to save the world made the story feel real. Brawl was the game that made me like the Smash series.

I'm having a recent resurgence of wanting to play 4 for some reason. I seem to be able to hang a little. Im terrible at fighting games, but always get the Smashes because it's just an awesome Nintendo game. I did like Melee, but it was way too hard for me. Im enjoying 4, and have been playing a lot lately. I like the trophies and trying to finish up the challenges.

I guess that makes Smash 4 my favorite

If I had to rank them:
1. Melee
2. U
3. Brawl
4. 64
5. 3DS

My rankings:
1. Smash Wii U/3DS
2. Melee
3. Brawl
4. Project M
5. 64

Smash Wii u because of the amazing amount of content as well as the awesome roster! The cool challenges added in were also amazing. The challenges and sub space emissary were my favorite new additions to Brawl.

Huh. I am surprised that you put Brawl first, since Smash 4 does most things from Brawl but basically upgrades them. And gosh, I am glad they removed tripping. I just played Brawl before Smash 4 released, so I didn't notice the tripping because that is what I started with. Now I HATE it!

@Y0shiM0n I know, and I used to be like you are, but honestly there's a lot of things I like about Brawl more than Smash 4.

Here's a few:

-Stage Builder is much better
-Theme song is better in my opinion
-There's Snake, who was one of my favorites
-The mini game you play to get trophies in Brawl is more fun to play than the mini game in Smash 4

Of course these are all my opinions, so I don't blame you for anything if you disagree. I know Smash 4 has more characters, stages, and all that but Brawl is still my favorite.

@ChibiChan12 Okay. I see your points. No offense, but I didn't think Snake fit in Smash, but almost everyone disagrees! :p The stage builder in Brawl was great, and I am not sure if I like Smash 4's or Brawl's more. It seems like you have more options in Smash 4 and you can do some things for labbing. here is an example:
(Not my video by the way)

But I see your points and understand why you like it more. A few reasons why I like Smash 4 more:

-YOSHI GOT BUFFED!
-Way more characters
-I like the look and feel of Smash 4 more. Brawl was too dark in my opinion.
-I am SO MUCH BETTER AT SMASH 4! (I totally stink at Brawl but not Smash 4! :D)
-Theme song is cooler in my opinion.
-YOSHI GOT BUFFED!

One of the things I miss from Brawl, though, is Subspace Emissary.

I think the story mode and the extra modes like break the targets were more entertaining in brawl than in Smash 4. I don't find any of the actual game modes in Smash 4 to be fun except for actual smash and home run contest. Other than that it has the best gameplay, graphics, and roster in the series to date.

Smash tour is pretty fun. I don't really care about other games modes though, to be honest. I am trying to go to more Smash 4 tournaments and I have mostly only been practicing on www.smashladder.com. But yeah, I see what you guys mean.

I want to add something else that I loved about Brawl and wished was added to Smash for WiiU/3DS. The boss rush mode was so fun for me loved to see ridly and rayquaza as bosses. Beating it on intense was very difficult but satisfying.

I want to add something else that I loved about Brawl and wished was added to Smash for WiiU/3DS. The boss rush mode was so fun for me loved to see ridly and rayquaza as bosses. Beating it on intense was very difficult but satisfying.
There were many things I liked about Brawl more than Smash 4. Most of the modes in Smash 4 is so boring... Ugh. Even just smashing is boring.

Latest threads

Back