Best Mario game

I really prefer Super Mario 64 because I've never really been a fan of side-scrolling platformers. Mario 64 opened up the realm of possibilities by adding a third dimension, but in the end it's all about personal preference. I just could never get into the original Mario games like some people did because I was born too late into the series. I suppose I'm just spoiled...

For me my all time favourite Mario game is Super Mario Sunshine for the Gamecube. I loved it instantly. I loved the home world, I loved all the little levels, I loved FLUDD. I enjoyed the story. The music was absolutely brilliant and I still find myself whistling the Isle Delfino theme every now and again. I sadly left the game at my parents house after I moved out. I need to get it and play it again! It's been quite a while since I last played through it.

I have not played most of the titles; aside from the traditional style. Mario 3 and Super Mario World are my two favorites. I have to say, that the second Mario does have a special place in my heart though. It's not as good as the other two, but the memories attached add a special twist to the experience.

I'm currently Mario'd out right now, but i say the 3ds would love to have a Sunshine remake or… a sequel! Picture Pinna Park in 3d

I hear you dustin. I actually played all three of the originals; and Super Mario World, over the course of a few days. I am totally burned on Mario for the moment.

Mine would have to be Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. That was one of my first Mario games and it definitely made an impression on me.

Yoshi's Island is me and my sister's all time favorite game. Still play it regularly to this day. Best rpg award goes to Super Mario Rpg.

Favorite 2D: New Super Mario Bros. (DS) and Super Mario World (SNES)
Favorite 3D: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
Favorite RPG: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (DS)

My favorite is Mario for the 64. I spent hours on that game trying to get all the stars (which I never accomplished) and surprising myself that I actually beat the game. My second favorite is Super Mario World. I spent my whole childhood on that game and I never really made it very far but it still kept me easily entertained. My third favorite is a collaborative game called Super Mario All Stars. It had every Mario game on it up to its release. I spent a long time messing around on that game as well as a kid.

Recently I haven't really gotten into any Mario games except for Super Mario for the Wii. It is fun but its not that same as the game for the SNES. I also tried my hand at Super Mario Sunshine and never really got too far into that game either. It wasn't as fun as Mario 64 and I never seemed to make it very far.

The original Super Mario Bros. For NES. I have played a crapton, even my mom(who is not really someone who plays games) LOVES to play mario on Co-op.

Super Mario 3 for the NES is my all-time favorite. My others are:

Super Mario Bros (NES)
Mario Kart (N64)
Super Smash Bros (N64)

I guess am too old-school. I have played Super Mario World for the Wii, and it is fun, but it's just not the same as playing those timeless classics. Good grief-I have become old and never realized it!

For me I have two absolute favorite Mario games. Those are Super Mario World on the Super Nintendo, and Super Mario 64. I can remember those being the first games I had for Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64. I don't even know how many hours I spent on those games (they could equate to years).

Besides Smash Bros, Super Mario 64 is my ultimate fave!!!

Super Mario sunshine is my favourite all time mario title. When it came out we had never seen anything like it before and was one of my first Mario games.

Super Mario World (SNES) - Grew up in the NES/SNES era, owning an NES as my very first console. However, the marios on that seemed too platforming based and less on other elements that a long running franchise would like. Then comes along Super Mario World (SNES) - It had it all - from an extensive map, to shortcuts and hidden areas like it's predecessors, it also added a new layer of awesome with the updated graphics and storyline being animated into it.

Mario 64 - Those Penguin Races. All I should have to say. Oh yeah, and screw Bowser for locking so many doors.

Mariokart 64 - Countless hours of party fun with friends, killing them, knocking them off the side of skyscrapers *yes that level*, the game was entirely way too fun. I can't even recall how much we partied and karted.

I'll just start by saying that I pretty much love every Mario game. However, my favorite is probably Super Mario Galaxy 1. The gameplay was extremely creative and had so much diversity, it was the greatest experience I've ever had with a Mario game. I also loved Galaxy 2, but the first one had way better leveldesign in my opinion, that's why I rate it a little higher.

Sheeeeshhh, thats a tough one....

As much as the original NES version imprinted on my brain, I'd have to go with either the first SNES version (Vanilla Secret!) or Six Golden Coins on GB.

I have tried to get into Mario in 3D, but dammit, its not happening.

I personally like Mario All Stars (SNES) because of all of the classical Mario options.
mario-all-stars.jpg

More specifically I like Mario Bros. 3 (SNES). I love how bright and sharp the graphics are in this game for its time. It consists of some fairly difficult levels. This game also took a lot more skill and game time for me to beat, compared to the newer version.
super-mario-bros-3-snes-screensaver-2.png

Ah, that All-Stars cart is a beauty, yep. As for part 3, I can't really 'relate' to it, sadly. (I was around 15 when the game was released and with my first girlfriend at the time, ha.)

I have much stronger memories of Mario 2, truth told. Fun times with that one.

Latest threads

Back