Mario vs Luigi

I like them both :p I am playing through Luigi's Dark Moon and I enjoy that Luigi has his own game to star in, it's really cool.

^ yes giving Luigi the upper hand. DM is so fun and original.

he's also a better higher jumper so...

kind of reminded me of Shaggy in a way, scaredy cat but still gets the job done.

I'm scared of ghosts but love all things horror myself

And moreover Yoshi and Peach would clearly be Scooby and Daphne, respectively!

But who would be the Velma and Scrappy of Mario's gang of amateur sleuths?

Toad could be Scrappy, but I'm hard-pressed to fit any of the other characters into Velma's shoes.

Thanks to the Luigi's Mansion games he's been getting more attention lately. But I would love to see him in many more games! The stories he told in Paper Mario series about his own adventures would be a great game or two!

aboleth_lich said:
But who would be the Velma and Scrappy of Mario's gang of amateur sleuths?

Toad could be Scrappy, but I'm hard-pressed to fit any of the other characters into Velma's shoes.
Daisy could be Velma?

I prefer Luigi over Mario!

#Luigi4King!!

i beg to differ. Daisy is too outgoing to be Velma, so it's Daphne (look at the hair)

so Peach for Velma, i guess

Out of sheer curiosity, I checked Google Images for "super mario scooby doo" to see if anyone out there already made such a mash-up.

I found the following on DeviantArt:

Scooby_Doo_Mario_style_by_Princesa_Daisy.jpg

This artist, Princesa-Daisy, decided to make Mario Fred, Luigi Shaggy, Yoshi Scobby, Peach Daphne, and Daisy Velma!

No sign of Toad as Scrappy though!

So, does this mean that Bowser is really the elderly owner of an abandoned mine wearing a scary turtle dragon costume? ;)

I must add, that I like when the Mario games has different pros and cons to each character(like 2). Perhaps that would add some more spice to future titles.

Out of sheer curiosity, I checked Google Images for "super mario scooby doo" to see if anyone out there already made such a mash-up.

I found the following on DeviantArt:

Scooby_Doo_Mario_style_by_Princesa_Daisy.jpg

This artist, Princesa-Daisy, decided to make Mario Fred, Luigi Shaggy, Yoshi Scobby, Peach Daphne, and Daisy Velma!

No sign of Toad as Scrappy though!

So, does this mean that Bowser is really the elderly owner of an abandoned mine wearing a scary turtle dragon costume? ;)

That's pretty cool fan art. And yes probably... :)

"I would've gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you kart riding, sport playing, arcade fighting kids!"

This is making me want to watch old episodes of Scooby Doo which I can't do because I am to in to Doctor Who right now.

I would love to see more of poor Luigi - having a sibling overshadow you really sucks man... *Voice of Experience*

As the younger sibling I was always stuck playing Luigi. It didn't bother me then but now if I had the choice I would be Mario. In Super Mario World I would turn it on two player even if I was playing by myself. That way you got twice the lives and twice the turns (not that I ever made it very far as a kid) and it worked out. Then the 64 came and there wasn't an opportunity to do that sort of thing so I became partial to Mario. Now I play as Mario in most Mario games except for Mario Party. I'm always Yoshi in Mario party.

It seems that we might have to rethink this whole "Luigi is a coward" thing!

As pointed out in this article from The Nerdist ("Points!"), Mario Kart 8 has recast Luigi as a enraged bad-ass with a thousand mile long death stare!

Perhaps this is the road rage induced side of Luigi that only manifests when he's behind the wheel?

Or maybe Luigi is bitter that the Nintendo's Year of Luigi wasn't as well received as he would have hoped?

Who are you talking about.. green mario?
In all seriousness I really want more games with Luigi. I've had enough of Mario for awhile. The Year of Luigi really wasn't enough..

I feel like Luigi was just there for the younger sibling to play. I haven't personally played any just Luigi games and I probably won't but I guess I just don't feel that he is needed for his own world. I mean it is called Super Mario World for a reason. I'm not anti Luigi by any means but I am just not really wanting or needing him to have more of his own games or worlds. It just doesn't feel like a necessity to me.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back