Mario vs Luigi

Well, in the Mario 2 that the West got originally, Luigi was the better jumper, whereas Mario was just a bit of an all rounder, so Luigi was best in it.

The Year Of Luigi seems to have done a lot to bolster Luigi's image as the hero rather than a side character, and with the death stare hype and everything, I'd say this is a good time to pick Luigi over Mario. To be clear, while I do love Mario, I think Luigi has been overshadowed and ignored quite a fair bit by both the fans and the devs at Nintendo (up till now, anyways) and I think it's high time we showed him some love! :D

Luigi has been overshadowed because they needed someone to be player 2. That is the fact of his existence. Also, no one is complaining about Waluigi or Wario not being featured now are they? That is because they needed more characters on Mario Party. Luigi will most likely always be number 2 to Mario. I mean its Super Mario Brothers . . . right?

I like Luigi better cause he's funny and taller than Mario. Mario voice is weird in my opinion but it's okay Mario is cool still but to me Luigi is better and he got better stats (faster running and jumping)

Luigi? You mean.. Green Mario...?

.. Jokes aside, I don't think one would do well without the other. Of course Mario is the main focus of the Mario franchise, but his brother goes under-appreciated. Those two are a pair! They complement each other.
With Year of Luigi and the two Luigi's Mansion games, Luigi's popularity has risen, but they are far from the equals they are portrayed as.

I believe I'd dislike Luigi if he had as much screen-time as Mario. He's nice and funny as a second character, but would be annoying as hell if he was in Mario's position.

I love Luigi, I actually think he has a lot more personality than Mario. Luigi's Mansion was the first game I got for the Nintendo Gamecube and I think his personality is much more interesting than Mario's, which is extremely predictable. Luigi games are great and spice up the franchise!

I love Luigi! I used to always do the cheat that let you play as Luigi on New Super Mario Brothers. (for the ds) So, yes please!! More Luigiiii!!!

I would not say that I do not like Luigi but I just do not think that he is all that good in a game by himself. I think that he fits better when he is along side Mario.

Nah. Mario is better than Weegee by a lot, so no.

Latest threads

Back