Movie News/Movie Thread

iceskater101

From
Minnesota :)
Playing
3DS
MOVIE THREAD.

So this is a thread I created so we can discuss movies coming out and post news about movies that we want to see. In this thread we can also post reviews of movies that we saw.

I will talk about the movie, Her.

Her
Starring: Joaquin Phoenix, Amy Adams, Chris Pratt, Olivia Wilde, Rooney Mara and Scarlett Johannson.

This film is about Theodore (Phoenix) who is going through a divorce with his wife (Mara). He has known her all of his life and he feels very sad about this. He gets an OS operating system for his computer. This female voice starts to get to know more about Theodore's life and the two of them begin to fall in love.

This is an interesting movie and I suggest anyone see it at least once. It's really interesting to think of the themes this movie is talking about. Is it that we are so connected to our computers and our lives online that it is possible that this can happen? There were parts of the movie that I found rather odd, but at the same time all of the scenes of this movie fit really well together.

I'm unsure if this movie will get any oscar nominations as this movie does have some sexual content and it seems to me that the Oscars aren't really in favor of that, however, this movie is still worth watching.

This may be a little off topic, but I have a semi relevent question: "has anyone seen 47 Ronin?" The movie looked really entertaining, though I wonder about Keanu Reeves in the lead. He did a decent job in "The Matrix", but I never considered him an action star.

I saw the topic title and was just going to post that I wanted to see Her. I skipped your post in case there were any spoilers in it. :p

Haha I definitely recommend it! and I was going to see that on monday but it didn't work out. I heard it bombed at the box office though.

saw a rumor that for the Batman/Superman movie, the Rock or Denzel is supposed to play John Stewart/Green Lantern. Stewart is my fav Lantern, so i propose this= if Rock is cast, let him be the Lantern and Denzel could play the Martian Manhunter. I think he would give him that regal feel he deserves.

^ I saw that. That would definitely be interesting. I hope they don't try to introduce too many characters in one movie though.

The last movie I saw was Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit and I gotta say Chris Pine is a really good action star! I suggest everyone go out and see it.

anyone and everyone should see the Butler. its a real good wake up call

Oscar Nominations 2014! How many have you seen?

American Hustle
Captain Phillips
Dallas Buyers Club
Gravity
Her
Nebraska
Philomena
12 Years a Slave
The Wolf of Wall Street

I have seen two on this list. Her and Philomena, and I highly recommend watching both of those movies.

dustinb12 said:
saw a rumor that for the Batman/Superman movie, the Rock or Denzel is supposed to play John Stewart/Green Lantern. Stewart is my fav Lantern, so i propose this= if Rock is cast, let him be the Lantern and Denzel could play the Martian Manhunter. I think he would give him that regal feel he deserves.
That sounds like a pretty good idea, but it would require careful writing. Superman is so much more powerful a character than Batman. Their opponents would have to be tricky :D Who is supposed to play Batman?

ben affleck for batman, gal gadot for wonder woman. if you've read or heard of "The Dark Returns" or "The Dark Knight Strikes Back", you'd be quite ok with them together. i highly suggest those books, there is also a new cartoon out of "Returns." i watched it every night for a week

Ben Afflack? Seriously, that just removed any desire I have to see that movie. Perhaps I will rent it when it comes to video, but paying 10 bucks in a theater for an Afflack movie is out.

most people agree with you, myself included but I'm thinking he'll be playing a much older batman...

This doesn't help the movies cause very much :blink: Ben Afflack being in the movie at all makes it loose points. I can only think of 2 or 3 movies that have featured Afflack, and are watchable.

Thomas Ennis said:
Ben Afflack? Seriously, that just removed any desire I have to see that movie. Perhaps I will rent it when it comes to video, but paying 10 bucks in a theater for an Afflack movie is out.
You seriously didn't hear about this!? It was a huge debate! It was all over any social media site.

I want to see a movie trailer before I say anything bad about Ben Affleck

crunchyg said:
I saw Gravity, it was aight.
I wish I would have seen it in theaters. It would have been way cooler.

how about the new Xmen? i saw the Wolverine recently, and it was awesome. it set up Futures Past quite well. i love how Xmen keeps going, not rererebooting.

i thought the original cast was perfect, shame they keep restarting

Latest threads

Back